cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

The baby I posted is "Oopsie Daisy" and runs on batteries.

I was looking for a large doll that could wear the sweater and cap I made for my second son--a way long time ago!

I have some other crawling babies--different sizes.

I forget the name of this one (it uses batteries too):

photo BabyCrawl.jpg

photo SignatureCJS.jpg
Message 1906 of 2,404
latest reply

I got Oopsie Daisy last year at a yard sale for a quarter!  Couldn't pass her up.

I love that little baby figurine, she is so cute. Glad you saved her.

This is a 1959 Horsman Princess Peggy.  photo 010_zpse6f33c18.jpg

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1907 of 2,404
latest reply

I edited this image and cropped it but stupid photbucket never saves my edits. Smiley Sad

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1908 of 2,404
latest reply

I had a little windup crawling baby way back in the 60s.    Got as a gift when I was in the hospital.   Mine was definitely not as nice, more ratty, but very fun for me then 🙂

Message 1909 of 2,404
latest reply

I had a Tiny Tears and Betsy Wetsy when I was young along with several Thumbelinas.

My sister and I had several large baby dolls and walkers but I don't know who they were and we know longer have them. Chap, love your Horseman!

Nieve I have several sets of Napco Angels and love them. They are angels of the month and days of the week. I know I should part with them but they have such sweet faces. My one set of days of the week are bells. Your little tlc baby is a cutie.

photo 26433872-6ae8-49c0-b390-29569596101a_zpse3963890.jpg
Message 1910 of 2,404
latest reply

We went on vacation and among other things, visited my mom. She's downsizing and I brought back several of her dolls. This one is a composition Effanbee mama doll which belonged to my late aunt when she was a girl. Somewhere along the way my Grandmother made this replacement outfit for her.  (I know that the shoes are not from that era, but this is how I found her in a box in mom's basement)  

Marian.jpg

This is a picture of my mother with this same doll...about 1924? Mom doesn't remember why the doll was hanging on the fence..LOL

Mariannmom.jpg

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 1911 of 2,404
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh PLEASE tell me you will display that picture with the dolly!  Great pic! 

They belong together!

Linda

Message 1912 of 2,404
latest reply

Some very sweet (((babies))) here, but Choca the dolly and photo of your Mom with it is just a fabulous keepsake.

So happy for you that you have them both.

Photobucket
Message 1913 of 2,404
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh PLEASE tell me you will display that picture with the dolly!  Great pic! 

They belong together!

Linda

I will!

I wanted to get a pic of my mom (now) with the doll, but everyone was running around like crazy that day.. Mom (93) wouldn't sit down and I was trying to pack up things to bring back; we were all doing the "chicken with its head cut off" thing, and it just didn't happen.

Somebody else suggested to me that if I ever do take an updated pic of mom with the doll, the doll should be hanging on a fence beside her.... Woman Wink

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 1914 of 2,404
latest reply

Your Peggy looks to be in very fine condition!     I always wanted some of the big dolls, but now that I'm sweating bullets over space, I guess it's a good thing I never got one... or more...

Message 1915 of 2,404
latest reply

Maggie, I looked up Napco on ebay and I loved loved loved all the little figurines .    I now realize that many of the figurines I've seen in shops over the years, that had those sweet faces, were napcos!

Message 1916 of 2,404
latest reply

That is so incredible to actually have her own doll, and a picture of them both!

Message 1917 of 2,404
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I was just at a flea market in a park today, and a Queen Louise came home with me.  Not what I collect, don't know why this doll spoke to me.

The lady said it was her granny's. We spoke awhile about the doll. She was sounding regretful type talk.  I paid for her and left the doll to pick up later.

I didn't want her to have second thoughts or regrets.    And to let her change her mind or not.

She was happy now when I returned.. No second thoughts or regrets. They didn't have anyone to pass it down to.

She took my address because she just may still have her clothes and if I would want them even if they were dirty.

Don't know why I shared this.  Just made me happy. 

And I really need to get the picture thing down!

Message 1918 of 2,404
latest reply

WAH!  I can't see her from here!!!!   PICTURE, PICTURE, PICTURE!!!

Message 1919 of 2,404
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does your Mom still have that "LOOK" in her eyes?

They ain't tellin'!  LOL!

Message 1920 of 2,404
latest reply