cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coins from china

Just a heads up. I purchased some half dollars from china and they are fake. They are selling as 90% Silver. I did the acid test on them and the acid didnt change color. The middle coin on the top row is the coin tested.  IMG_0689.JPGm.JPG

IIMG_0691.JPGh.JPG

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Coins from china

They are selling Indian Head pennies, Dimes, Quarters, Halves, and $5.00 gold  1/10 oz coins.

unfortunately I bought them all.

eBay PLEASE BE AWARE. i will be returning them and if china doesnt pay the refunds, guess who is gonna be holding the bag. 

I will be having alot of returns,

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Coins from china

I would imagine them to be fake.  I would expect nothing else.  They are from China.  They are from a seller who keeps his feedback hidden as "private."  They were priced low.

Caveat emptor.

Anyhow, you can open an INAD case and get your money back.

-

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

Coins from china

Dang... They look such the real deal.

Been long time since I collected coins but wasn't 64' when Clad started being used for Dollars, Halfs, Quarters etc?

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Coins from china

No, 64 was the last year for 90%

65 was when the  clad started

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Coins from china

Very true, that's why the '64s are the most sought after of the Kennedy heads.

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

Coins from china

@doug_5857 wrote:

eBay PLEASE BE AWARE. i will be returning them and if china doesnt pay the refunds, guess who is gonna be holding the bag.

That should be a slam dunk for a Not As Described refund.

@doug_5857 wrote:

I will be having a lot of returns,

I am not a coin expert but I would find it strange that a coin seller has 10 coins showing virtually identical wear and discoloration patterns AND the seller is in China. I would be surprised if most purported collectibles from China do NOT turn out to be fake.

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

Coins from china

Here is the test i did.IMG_0700.JPG6.JPGIMG_0701.JPG6.JPG

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

Coins from china

They look 100% absolutely fake. Not even close to looking legit. Why would anyone think buying US coins from china is wise???  The odd part is you sell coins. BTW as a silver stacker myself. In the future I would weigh the coin or measure it before doing an acid test. Even flip it in the air and listen to the sound it makes. 

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

Coins from china

90% silver coins ended in 1964. the 1965,66,67,68,69, and 70 are 40% silver and all clad starter 1971 in halves only.

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

Coins from china

90% silver coins ended in 1964. the 1965,66,67,68,69, and 70 are 40% silver and all clad starter 1971 in halves only.

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

Coins from china

They dont show you the exact coins they are gonna send you. They picture real coins in their postings.

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

Coins from china

@maxine*j wrote:

.....They are from China.  They are from a seller who keeps his feedback hidden as "private."......

Sellers cannot 'hide' feedback (typically)- is this a China thing or?? 

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

Coins from china

What was the likelihood you thought you would get real silver ordering from china? What percentage of people that order silver directly from China on ebay do you think end up with real silver?

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Coins from china

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

@maxine*j wrote:

.....They are from China.  They are from a seller who keeps his feedback hidden as "private."......

Sellers cannot 'hide' feedback (typically)- is this a China thing or?? 

Sorry.  Both the Chinese seller and the OP use "private listing," is what I meant. 

-

-

Message 15 of 47
latest reply