cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay banning Cuban coin? They're pre castro fer Pete's sake

Tried to list some 1st republic Cuban coin and I get this warning. As of April 9, 2013 eBay will no longer allow Cuban coins of currency. My coins are not embargoed because they predate Castro. But eBay, in its infinite wisdom has decided  to ban all Cuban coins and currency.

Any chance of appealing to reason and getting them to reverse this decision ? (ok, quit laughing) 

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: eBay banning Cuban coin? They're pre castro fer Pete's sake

How about instead we fully support eBay's ban against dealing with Communist countries and DEMAND they extend the ban to items from China?  Let's see how that flies . . . 

Message 61 of 69
latest reply

Never happen.  After all we just lifted sanctions off of Iran.  Giving them all that money to buy missiles etc.

Message 62 of 69
latest reply

Hey I just posted without signing in!  Hoopla!

Message 63 of 69
latest reply

If Obama gives Guantanamo back to Cuba, and lifts restrictions, then eBay might let you buy Cuban items again.

Message 64 of 69
latest reply

In the news...........

"The Obama administration has approved the first U.S. factory in Cuba in more than half a century, allowing a two-man company from Alabama to build a plant assembling as many as 1,000 small tractors a year for sale to private farmers in Cuba.

The Treasury Department last week notified partners Horace Clemmons and Saul Berenthal that they can legally build tractors and other heavy equipment in a special economic zone started by the Cuban government to attract foreign investment."

Source: Associated Press

Message 65 of 69
latest reply

HELLO, Castro stole all the gold and silver from the people of Cuba and replaced it with cheap aluminum coins, Now his retired generals looking for nest egg here are selling what we hold dear pre-castro gold ,silver and nickel coins that were minted here in the Greatest country in the world The United States of America, Its no surprize since Obama is now watching baseball in Cuba, Thank you for freedom of speech along with my best regards Roberto.P.S. i love anything pre-castro.

Message 66 of 69
latest reply

FYI;  I purchased 3 Cuban coins in Cuba in November 2012 from a  shop whilst on holiday.  The Cuban authorities  at Holguin airport confiscated three silver coins,( 1920 forty cents, 1933 peso coin, 1949 ten cent coin) i had bought in Cuba and they took the receipts for all the items. They also took a pair of small binoculars, rechargeable torch, a calculator and a magnifying glass and told me they were confiscated and arrested me on departure from Cuba and accused me of  spying and taking old coins  out of Cuba. The Cuban's dont like any coins leaving  there country and are paranoid about  anything American.  Im English and reported this incident .  I can understand why Ebay banned  Cuban coins , as Cuba is also banning Ebay and is  trying to stop its historical  items from Cuba being  sold worldwide.  Cuban authorities come down hard on anyone purchassing  there old coins in Cuba.

There  Crazy!  They dont like coin collectors in Cuba.

Message 67 of 69
latest reply

5 Nov 2017 - Hola Rentcrs...!   Heron had pretty much decided to never visit Cuba after watching Fidelius and his crew gain control of Cuba... 1960.    Thank you for the update on the rodents that still infect that 'island paradise'.   Regardos.  

Message 68 of 69
latest reply

visiting a red country is a bad idea...

Message 69 of 69
latest reply