cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

Re: --THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hola TDZ: Your post 23 Jan 2014 at 0546:  A lot of good info there!  el Heron has been consuming Italiano foods for 77 years, mas o menos.  Starting at age 20 el Heron began to consume mucho Chinese foods along with the Italiano.  Then at about age 44 el Heron added MUCHO foods de Mexico to the 'mix'.  Mostly the 'genuine' meals of Mexico.  The Fajitas Camarones cooked with natural pure lard, etc etc.  Keeping the salt intake down also helped.   El Heron feels lucky to have passed the actuarial table average life span.  How much of this good fortune can be attributed to the above listed food types is unknown.  However, whatever was consumed might have  helped  el Heron reach this age! ha!  [Of course it also could have been all the foods with 'preservatives added' that helped add some years?.  Who knows? Quien Sabe?]

Regards,

xx

Message 11071 of 11,869
latest reply

Added commentario:  In addition to being somewhat healthy, by staying with a diet of Italiano, Chinese, & Mexican foods, el Heron now weighs 1 pound over what his weight was in first week of Sept 1956.   Although, as mrs. Heron remarks, gravity seems to have shifted some of the poundage, nyuk nyuk!  Regards,

xx

Message 11072 of 11,869
latest reply

i have a yellowstone coin that is silver but its realy shiny not like a reg silver quarter and has two small shallow holes drilled in edge or rim of it directly stright across from each other   can somone help

@mcdcoins wrote:

Hey.

@mcdcoins wrote:

Hey.

Message 11073 of 11,869
latest reply

Could have been drilled for a mounting, or for a "spinner".  Can't say much about "shiny"... polished?  proof?  A platinum plated coin from a promotional aftermarket set?  Pics would help...

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 11074 of 11,869
latest reply

Can anyone decipher dates on Israeli coins?  Thought I ask before posting photos.

Found this site: http://www.collectionstudio.com/en/datescalculator/hebrew/ that has a calculator towards the bottom and was able to translate one as1957 but the next date I tried came out as 2355, plus, I have some with an inverted F that not one of the letters.  Something's not right.

be back later...

Message 11075 of 11,869
latest reply

several of us can

"climate is what we expect weather is what we get"
M. Twain

Message 11076 of 11,869
latest reply

boy, wouldn't it be good if someone would put that info as it relates to coins into some sort of hard or soft copy that was available for purchase so people could have that knowledge at their fingertips?

oh wait...

Message 11077 of 11,869
latest reply

@*smedley* wrote:

boy, wouldn't it be good if someone would put that info as it relates to coins into some sort of hard or soft copy that was available for purchase so people could have that knowledge at their fingertips?

oh wait...

Yeah, but I still struggle with Israel dates... between them sometimes dropping one of the digits, and the differing font styles, it takes me longer to figure it out than Chinese cyclical dates.  However, in case someone DOES have access to a Krause, it's at the beginning of the Israel section...

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 11078 of 11,869
latest reply

@ejtrilbee wrote:
but the next date I tried came out as 2355

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3cjJTxp4EA

Message 11079 of 11,869
latest reply

Johnny man, you gotta cough up those hairballs.

Message 11080 of 11,869
latest reply

@gacooke wrote:

several of us can

That’s great Gary.  I’m going to start a thread and put you guys to work.

“Yeah, but I still struggle with Israel dates”

I hear ya.  I read that the same letter can have two meaning (4 or 7) depending on how its written/read.

I played for a while but came up with too many future dates.

Message 11081 of 11,869
latest reply

@*smedley* wrote:

oh wait...

what smedley is hinting at is that Krause makes it easy by providing a page with the actual AD date, the Hebrew version as written on the coins in Hebrew numbers and Hebrew date in Arabic numbers.  It makes it a lot easier.

"climate is what we expect weather is what we get"
M. Twain

Message 11082 of 11,869
latest reply

True, I saw that page in which my book had 1948 thru 2005 but there are certain letters (number combos) on coins that were not shown in the krause table.

I exhausted that avenue and the calculator before posting on the board.  Perhaps my eyes deceived me but time will tell.

Message 11083 of 11,869
latest reply

@*smedley* wrote:

oh wait...

Here's what I'm talking about.  Do you see the date below in your krause?  I found all except the 2nd to last in my 2004 book.

Funky_F.JPG

Message 11084 of 11,869
latest reply

Message 11085 of 11,869
latest reply