cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graphics cards scam or not?

The price is low but not completley out of the question. Seller account is 4mo old, only 6 feedback, store with lots of listings. Most are very low priced items but a coulle of lower end tablets and a couple of other random items. Various nvidia graphics cards about $50+ under market value. They are not high end cards but some about 2 steps below that. Under $100

I didn't buy but very tempted especially if there is ANY chance it's a genuine listing. I know that ebay / paypal / credit card would eventually cover me if it didn't work out.

I am aware of the possibility that a scammer could send something in a box with tracking, or older graphics card with hacked bios.

What do you think is going on in this case?

But as a small seller myself, I don't understand how this scam could "work" for the seller. Wouldn't ebay/paypal not release $ until items delivered..?. (for a seller with only 6 feedback)? Can anyone explain?

Thanks for your help!

I see that it is frowned upon posting links here, so please search for:

Seller "whathewant" or the cheapest buy it now for "nvidia gtx 1060 3gb" or "nvidia gtx 1050ti 4gb"

Thanks again!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: graphics cards scam or not?

Did you look at the shipping costs?

To me Economy Shipping is $167.99.

Does that explain anything for you?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Item titled "For NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB GDDR5 128Bit PCI-Express Video Graphics Card" 69+free shiplinv

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Item 173077625510 is an example, i guess i missed out before seller (may have) realized and raised shipping cost. At least 270 sold, x about 3-5listings.. so maybe a bunch of people did get this too good to be true deal..

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I am a computer dealer with 23 years in the business and we bought one and it is not working-BOGUS.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply