cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unethical claims of “lost items”

I understand that a sold item will be occasionally lost, but is there nothing more than leaving feedback to call a seller out who is using this unethical  “bid fishing” technique , then claiming the item can’t be found when the item brings < the desired amount .  I have won 3 items from a seller with 9,000 feedbacks and each time the win was a great buy for me and not for him.  First time was 2 years ago and then 3 weeks ago it happened again, and then last week the same seller claimed he item could not be found.  To make a long story short each time it involved winning a coin auction at 10% to 25% of retail.   So irritating 😠-   I was reimbursed all 3 times,  but it is also about the principal involved and wasted time on my part.   I won’t be fooled again by this shyster 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Consider leaving this seller appropriate transaction feedback.

This is ebay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Sounds like you need to vet sellers a bit closer.
9,000 feedback does not necessarily mean it's a *good* seller. You have to look at the feedback comments, the positive percentage of feedback, and the feedback left for others - not just the total number. Look at the estimated delivery date, too. If it's more than ten days, you're probably ordering from Asia.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Consider leaving this seller appropriate transaction feedback.

This is ebay

Message 3 of 3
latest reply