cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item description

2 items are claimed to be original oil paintings but the scenes are identical. Identical. This is not the way original oil painting works. How do I contact Ebay to report this issue. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Item description

As you scroll down the page to the "Description" and "Shipping and payments" tabs, there is a link to the far right of the screen that says "Report item." Click on that and work your way through the report process. Sometimes it takes a little experimentation to find the right combination of choices that reflect your concerns about the listing, but you should be able to find the reason you're looking for.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Item description

Seller may likely reply that both are original oil paintings by the artist & so are almost identical ?

Did the seller say only one was ever created by the artist ?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Item description

Ever seen one of those mall shows of Starving Artists?

They really are oil paintings.

And the pictures are all but identical because the factory workers are given a plan to work from.

One tiny step up from Paint By Numbers kits.

The seller may have a dozen practically identical paintings and been lazy enough to use the same illustration for all the extremely similar copycat pictures.

It's sloppy use of language. Like calling something a glicee, without explaining that a glicee is just a print.

Anyone who buys those "original oil paintings" just want something that matches the couch anyway.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Item description

I had an uncle who suffered severe PTSD after WW II and the recommended therapy was for him to take up (oil) painting. He did one painting of a bird that he liked, but thought he could "do it better". He never did "do it better", but that never stopped him from trying.  I have THREE of the same, original paintings done by my uncle........................and his daughter has FOUR of them. They are all original paintings, just of the same exact subject, in the same exact colours, done in the same exact technique.

He did do a small group of them that are the same exact subject, just in a different colourway. So, no those are not the same.....................but, yes, they are as uninspiring as the others.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Item description

While they may be original oil paintings, they are most likely commercially executed pieces done in a factory setting.  Usually these kinds of pieces are done at almost assembly line speed and are meant to be used as decorative wall art.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Item description

I'm sensing a post with the phrase "fetch at auction" somewhere within.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Item description

This is what you do. You point your mouse at the BACK arrow button, usually located in the upper left corner of your screen. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING THAT YOU ARE SUSPICIOUS OF.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Item description

Mass produced motel art.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply