cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyers

So far no one has answered my primary question. Is eBay willing to contact the seller  on my behalf to find out why he blocked me? He does not respond to my requests. He recently referred to me in feedback as an excellent repeat customer. I want to know what has changed. Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: buyers

Pretty sure no one from eBay will be willing to contact the seller to find out why you were blocked.

But you could contact eBay through Facebook or Twitter and ask if that would be possible.  

Sorry.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I doubt Ebay would step in to resolve a block. As a buyer and seller I would not want them to interfere.

I'm sure there are others who sell what you want and are eager to get your business.

P.S. There is a simple old-fashioned way to get in contact with an individual who has sent mail to you in the past. Cheers.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@mes-1631,

You recently left a seller who referred to you as a repeat customer, 2 comments saying late delivery. That could cause a seller to decide to block you. When sellers block buyers, they often block messages from the buyer as well.  eBay cannot and will not try to contact them on your behalf.

If you cannot remember where you posted a discussion on the community go to the upper right corner of a community page where you will see your avatar circle (currently ebay's default graphic) click on that and select  My profile,  from the drop down menu. on the page that opens any topics you have posted will be listed and the title clicked on to take you to it, to read replies. below is a link to the topic you posted on the 25th.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Blocking/td-p/34368789

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

eBay gives sellers the option to block buyers at their discretion. Many sellers will also block messages. Sellers can block you for many reasons or no reason at all. Sellers can block you if you asked too many questions. If you have at least 2 unpaid item strikes you will be automatically blocked due to a sellers buyer requirements

If a seller has you blocked eBay will not intervene at all, contacting eBay to see if they will would be an exercise in futility. 
eBay's Blocking a Buyer policy 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@mes-1631 wrote: .... Is eBay willing to contact the seller  on my behalf to find out why he blocked me? ...

No, they will not.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@mes-1631 wrote:

So far no one has answered my primary question. Is eBay willing to contact the seller  on my behalf to find out why he blocked me? He does not respond to my requests. He recently referred to me in feedback as an excellent repeat customer. I want to know what has changed. Thank you.

Hi @mes-1631 

Your question actually was answered the second time you posted about this issue.  Perhaps you missed it.  You were told by @evry1nositswindy :   

eBay does not intervene.  Each seller controls his/her own items.  If that seller chooses not to do business with a certain buyer, that is allowed and eBay won't interfere with that.  Once blocked, messages are blocked as well.  Sellers have very few protections and this is one we utilize.  If you are blocked, I'm sorry, but you must find another seller.

Are you reading the replies to your questions?  Here are you two prior posts in case you've had trouble finding them:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Unresponsive-seller/td-p/34363420

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Blocking/td-p/34368789

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Blocking troublesome buyers is one of the few protections that sellers have here. Ebay would never interfere with that, not sure why you would even think that.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Policies might have changed but a couple of years back I had blocked a repeat, but difficult buyer. They must've complained to eBay about the block because eBay messaged and asked that I unblock this valuable customer who so desperately wanted what I was selling- ha 🙂

-C

Message 9 of 9
latest reply