cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you buy this if you were interested?

I love cats. I have growing collections of kitty figurines and kitty salt & pepper shakers.

I came across this set of kitty figurines that I really like. I would like to have them. They were briefly on my watch list until I saw the seller's feedback. I'm not sure I want to take a chance with this seller. Now I have received an offer from them.

My question is would you buy the figurines if you were interested in buying them - in light of the seller's feedback? I'm just curious what other buyers' thoughts are on this. Thank you.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Would you buy this if you were interested?

Their replies to negative feedback would be enough to make me find a better seller.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@sierras1160,

Yes, if I really wanted those figurines, and couldn't find another set anywhere else, then I would buy them.

If there is a problem, you will be protected by the MBG, so you won't lose out. There would be no need to leave feedback, and if you don't, then the seller can't insult you in a feedback reply.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Avoid them!

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I wouldn't buy them because one has its tail broken off. Oh... I didn't check feedback after I saw that.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

I wouldn't buy them because one has its tail broken off. Oh... I didn't check feedback after I saw that.

Good point, @mtgraves7984. I missed that, but it's visible in the second picture. Not disclosed in the description.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Hi @sierras1160 

I wouldn't hesitate to buy any rare item that stole my heart ... knowing that I was completely protected by eBay's Money Back Guarantee if I discovered undisclosed flaws when I received it..  [I only pay with a credit card through PayPal ... so I always have backup protection.]

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

If it's something you really want, I'd buy it.  As others have stated, you're protected by the MBG.

And I wouldn't guess these figurines are available at random.  The fact that the seller seems to repeatedly refer to buyers as 'Karens' is cause for concern, along with the fair number of negatives and neutrals that have been left by their patrons.  But in the end, you're still covered.  It just could be a bumpy ride.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I would not buy from the seller not because of the negative feedbacks themselves but because of the seller's responses to the negs.  The responses are unprofessional -- rude, impatient, retaliatory, and even include puerile name-calling.  That tells me that if a problem were to arise, the seller would be difficult to deal with.

-

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I'd buy them for $5 if I wanted them because they're cute, even from a seller with crappy feedback left.  I know how to use the MBG if needed.

I wouldn't pay $25 though, not even if the seller had sterling feedback left and received. That's too much for what they are.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Personally, after reading the seller's responses to negative feedback I'd be hitting the back button no matter how badly I want the item. I've made a personal pledge to not reward jerks with my business. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I would probably purchase them, knowing I may have an issue.  However, I typically never buy from a seller with poor feedback.  Good luck!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

This is the type of thing I buy at a TS or YS and don't notice the missing tail until I get home with them.

To ask $25 for them (let alone the original $45) is ridiculous - not even considering the seller's FB responses. Not someone I'd want to give my money to.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

Yes, if I really wanted those figurines, and couldn't find another set anywhere else, then I would buy them.

Put the lead listing photo into google lens. Many come up that are very similar (on eBay and priced much lower), including one nearly identical set (not on eBay and priced much higher).

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 15 of 19
latest reply