cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still suspended

Hello,

I have been restricted since October 21, 2022. 

I have called the help line at least 12 times.

I have tried Facebook with no help.

6 months with no updates.

Can someone please help?

Thank you

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Still suspended

@beamer wrote:

Very strange, I just went to the badge page.  They have me with only 10 anniversary badges with 2 different dates that are not the day I signed up.  I should have 26 anniversary badges.

I bet they have me mixed up with someone else.

You have two different dates.

The date you joined Ebay and the date you joined the community.

The badges are only for the community, not Ebay.

Have a great day
Message 16 of 37
latest reply

"Getting in touch with reps is fairly easy depending on the time of day you call. "

How did you get in touch with eBay? That reads like you found a number on the internet and called them. There has not been a number to call for more than a few years.

Did you use the help/contact or was there a number in the messages you received about your restrictions? 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Restricted-account-help/td-p/33332759

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Still-restricted/td-p/33735188

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

I clicked on the help tab then go to account restrictions then contact us.  A chat box comes up and ebay notifies me when a rep will call usually within 3-5 minutes.

I have spoken to no less than 12 reps and 4 supervisors with no followup at all.

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

The reps just listen, and read off of a prepared script.  I have received the same answers each time I call.  You will hear from someone within 72 hours.

I never hear from anyone.

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

Thanks, but neither date is the date I joined ebay.

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

Contact eBay on facebook or twitter for actual reps. 

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

I have done that.  The reps on Facebook will not tell me anything.  Not helpful at all.  I don’t have a twitter account. 

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

@beamer wrote:

Very strange, I just went to the badge page.  They have me with only 10 anniversary badges with 2 different dates that are not the day I signed up.  I should have 26 anniversary badges.

I bet they have me mixed up with someone else.

Those badges are for the Community forums only.  The dates do not relate to dates associated with your buying/selling account. 

Nor are those dates necessarily correct, as they sometimes changed as different companies were hired to maintain and moderate these forums.  The "member since" you see on that community profile / badges page is the first date on which you posted to one of the boards, although, again, it may not be accurate. 

-

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

Just a thought..could your acct be associated with another Ebay acct that is in bad standing?Have you ever signed in to your account in a public facility?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 24 of 37
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Just a thought..could your acct be associated with another Ebay acct that is in bad standing?Have you ever signed in to your account in a public facility?

That's what I'm thinking, too. 

-

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

Other than my computer at home and my cell, I have never opened eBay anywhere else.  I still think that it has to be a glitch or a mistake.  Why wont they at least just tell me why?  Maybe if they did I could fix it or at least understand why they did this.

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

In all my years on eBay, I have only had 1 account.  26 years 2 months.

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

@beamer wrote:

Other than my computer at home and my cell, I have never opened eBay anywhere else.  I still think that it has to be a glitch or a mistake.  Why wont they at least just tell me why?  Maybe if they did I could fix it or at least understand why they did this.

eBay never gives specifics when it permanently bans an account.  Their reasoning is that to do so would help people understand their protocols and find ways to defeat them.  (I'm not saying they're necessarily correct in their reasoning, but that is their reasoning.)

Has anyone in your home ever had an eBay account?  Even if that person did not use your computer, if you share(d) an IP address with someone who was banned, then you are banned.

-

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

No one else in our home has an account.  I checked with my children and neither of them had one.  

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

@beamer wrote:

eBay never gives specifics when it permanently bans an account.  Their reasoning is that to do so would help people understand their protocols and find ways to defeat them.  (I'm not saying they're necessarily correct in their reasoning, but that is their reasoning.)

Has anyone in your home ever had an eBay account?  Even if that person did not use your computer, if you share(d) an IP address with someone who was banned, then you are banned.

-

OP mentioned "my cell". That is one of the deals we were talking about. 

Logging in somewhere when using public WiFi. Or even at a restaurant, mall, or anywhere outside of home.

Posting ID
Message 30 of 37
latest reply