cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still suspended

Hello,

I have been restricted since October 21, 2022. 

I have called the help line at least 12 times.

I have tried Facebook with no help.

6 months with no updates.

Can someone please help?

Thank you

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Still suspended

Pretty sure that if the account had been banned, eBay would have closed it. 

Problem is we cannot see what is going on beyond what has been posted here and cannot do anything more than offer advice. We can't see any messages or know what took place on the phone calls. While I am sure you have, might go back and reread the messages from eBay, maybe there was something that overlooked or missed. 

Have you considered starting fresh with a new account? It could go two ways, reopen the door or close it permanently. At this point, you are dead in the water anyway. 

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

In my experience, the items you're selling are often related to the reason you may have been restricted/suspended/banned. 

What items did you have listed at the time you were restricted?

What was the exact terminology eBay used when they notified you?

Do you have a screenshot or any of the other documentation you received from eBay at the time?

Providing these details might give us some insight as to why it happened 🤗

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

In the one and only email I received from eBay, it clearly stated do not make any changes to my existing account or try to open a new one.

So I didn't.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

I had about 16 items running at the time.  all had been up for over 3 months with no action. or interest by the community.

Here is the one and only email I received:

Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 1:41 PM

eBay user: Your eBay account is restricted

1 message noreply@ebay.com

Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 1:41 PM

Hello beamer

We understand this may be inconvenient, but we’ve identified a possible discrepancy with the information provided at registration and need your assistance. Until we're able to resolve this matter, your account will remain restricted and you will be unable to buy/sell items, or engage in member-to-member communication.

To help remove the restriction, please provide a color image of your passport. If you do not have a passport readily available, please provide an alternate government-issued ID (front and back).

Go to the following secured link to upload your documents: https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/

mudcwf?deptName=GSS

Here are some things to keep in mind:

- Please make sure that your submitted documents are current, valid, readable, and unaltered.

- Your name should be visible and match your current eBay account registration information (name and address).

- It may take up to 3 business days to review your information.

- Any subscriptions you have are canceled, and you will have to reapply for them after the restriction has been removed.   Do not make any changes to your account until this matter is resolved.

For further information, please see the Payment Terms of Use: https://pages.ebay.com/payment/2.0/terms/

Thank you for your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible.

Thanks, eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

eBay Document ID: 124188355004

Visit our Privacy Notice and User Agreement for more information.  Learn more about account protection. If you have a question, contact us.

eBay Inc.,

2025 Hamilton Ave., San Jose, CA 95125, United States

© 1995-2022 eBay Inc. or its affiliates

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

Did you try uploading your passport image again? Honestly I don't know that anyone here can do more than commiserate. I think your best bet is to upload the requested document again and then reach out one more time on both Facebook and Twitter to see if you can reach a rep who can help.

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

Does the information on the documents you uploaded and provided, match your eBay information? Name address etc? 

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

When I spoke to eBay the day I sent in my government ID, they confirmed everything match what they had.

Message 37 of 37
latest reply