cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shady seller

So I was looking at a couple golf balls. Seller stated that he would throw in one of the ones I was looking at if I made an offer on something else. So I did and he accepted. The shipment arrived today - but with only one ball - the one that I made the offer on. I asked him where the other one was. He said, "what other ball." I told him to re-read the messages. He came back and said that I waited too long to pay (wrong) and that the freebie sold. Then I said that this was on him and that he should have unlisted the other one. Now he's telling me to not be so cheap and calling me vulgar names.  This is.... you know what and a terrible way to do business. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Shady seller

@an-36344 wrote:

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

You state 'you don't remember' how much after the 'offer' was accepted before you paid- are you talking 2 hours, 2 days, a week??

OP @stainlessenginecovers said it was 6 minutes.

He stated that in RESPONSE to my question, after I asked it- and not before. So, why are you stating this?

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@usgrant18642008 wrote:

He accepted my return request. 

And he's a complete "you know what."

The messages should be all the proof I need, because the free offer is the reason why I sent him an offer on the item when I did. 

Frankly, I was probably going to buy both, but he made the offer first. Why would I turn that down?

Well, of course he accepted your return request.  Because you did it as a MBG return, he pretty much has to.   

It all comes down to what was in the listing though, not in messages.  He could have said in messages that he would throw in a 14kt diamond, but if that is not in the listing, it's just an empty promise, nothing more.  
I'm not necessarily defending the seller's actions here, just stating fact.  
Now, you can in fact report him for the vulgarity and offensive language.  That you should do.  

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Timeline:

All on the same day.

He messaged me (and probably others) that he was doing a deal where if you bought 5 or more, shipping would be free.

I said I didn't need 5, but had my eye on 2. He messaged back that he would throw in a Route 66 ball if I bought a ball. So I made a $9 offer on the other ball that was in an about to end auction / make best offer. 

So I waited for him to approve my offer.  He did. Then, at some point - the same day - he sent a message that I could now pay. And I did, 6 minutes later. This was ALL on the same day. 

I paid in plenty of time.

He should have unlisted the free ball. 

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

As per eBay protocol - You asked for something not listed and offer's do not work that way - you lose.

Of course the MBG is bot run so you could return it, using INAD which it was NOT, for a full refund, but now you don't have the ball you wanted.

I am also betting you won't be able to buy from this seller again

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 19 of 21
latest reply

I didn't ask for anything. 

He sent me a PM offering up a free ball if I made an offer on another one.

And I would never consider buying from this guy again. 

He did approve my return request.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

@an-36344 wrote:

You state 'you don't remember' how much after the 'offer' was accepted before you paid- are you talking 2 hours, 2 days, a week??

OP @stainlessenginecovers said it was 6 minutes.

He stated that in RESPONSE to my question, after I asked it- and not before. So, why are you stating this?

It was here before, 23 hours earlier: 

@usgrant18642008 wrote:

He wrote this at one point: 

"You waited too long to pay and it sold unfortunately."

I had to make the offer on the other ball first and wait. 

I checked back just a second ago - I paid him 6 minutes after he sent me a message asking for payment. SMH.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply