cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rude seller

I asked seller if bandages could be shipped cheaper than 6.90 so rude seller decided to list item higher and sent rude messages. I sent rude message back and stated that’s why they still have item ... maybe try being nicer to the buyer and you might sell something ... 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Rude seller

I ignore thee.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Seller should have simply replied: "No thank you."

But buyers should also understand that:

EBay fees go up

Paypal fees go up

Shipping supply costs go up!

Postal costs go up!

All while prices are going down.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

@iart wrote:

EBay fees go up

Paypal fees go up

Postal costs go up!

I don't disagree with any of that.     Buyers are not interested in any of that, and they 

aren't interested in hearing about it.  

They do not care.    

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

You need nicer buyers, LoL

Our buyers are usually pretty awesome people. They understand if we make a mistake. They work with us on multiple sales. They send private notes thanking us. They don't usually blame us when someone else messes up.

We'll keep them.

@dirk12955 wrote:

@iart wrote:

EBay fees go up

Paypal fees go up

Postal costs go up!

I don't disagree with any of that.     Buyers are not interested in any of that, and they 

aren't interested in hearing about it.  

They do not care.    

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@l*mclark wrote:

I asked seller if bandages could be shipped cheaper than 6.90 so rude seller decided to list item higher and sent rude messages. I sent rude message back and stated that’s why they still have item ... maybe try being nicer to the buyer and you might sell something ... 

So you didn't like the shipping the seller set for the bandages he was selling and ask him if he could ship for less.  Obviously, he was unwilling to do so and you claim his reply was rude so you a sarcastic remark in reply to him.  Okay!  Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 20 of 30
latest reply

Upon reviewing your bid retraction record, I'm curious as to whether you had already placed a bid on the bandages before asking the question?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 21 of 30
latest reply

If you're not happy with shipping costs, you only have to hit the back button and find a listing with shipping costs you are happy with..

There really is no need for rude messages to be exchanged..

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Here's a crazy question... Was the seller out of line with their shipping charges?  Or did you just want them cheaper?

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

.............GENERAL REPLY...............

it takes a lot if guts to ask someone about shipping.I know I would never do it.If you asked me I would just not reply,simple as that.I tend to ignore questions that are stupid,like what color is the blue dial or how long is the 8 inch strap.Your question is not stupid but I really do wonder about the motivation

as far as the USPS rate increase,it bothers some people but not me,I only use 1st class so in essence you are free to call the rate increase whatever you want

some people think the price of gas is high,I paid 2.57 this morning at Costco .I tend to think they are giving it away.I mean small cars are not selling for GM.The guy in California biking it may want it to be cheaper but the cost of gas is nothing these days

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 24 of 30
latest reply

had a guy complain about the cost of a h3 hummer grill to spain
the global shipping program handles that and if you can afford a hummer in Europe then i think you can afford to have the grill shipped
Message 25 of 30
latest reply

those were my thoughts not what i actually said
we all represent ebay and our fellow sellers
i always try to set a good example for the next seller
i also buy alot on ebay
Message 26 of 30
latest reply

@johnrj1226 wrote:

@frodobagginskennedy wrote:

Maybe if you researched the newest postal increase which just about tripled shipping costs you would not insult the seller.  You in essence accused the seller of over inflating costs.

1.  The last USPS increase was on or about January 23, 2019 (almost 11 months old).  Increases were not close to  triple from the previous year.   The biggest increase was  that the dimensional rate (over 1 cubic  ft.) was applied to all shipping zones  vs  previously only to two zones and the rates for FCP became  zone based  vs flat rate based but the  change wasn't a tripling of any costs.

2. The next increase is set  for ~mid January 2020.  Expected rate increases  have been pre announced - none close to triple over the 2019 rate.  USPS claims the increase will be an average increase  of about 1.9%.

3.  BTW UPS & FedEx  have both announced a 5.9% increase- slated for late Dec. 2019.

The dimensional weight for PM and PS went into effect in June of this year, not January.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

@1tuna wrote:

.............GENERAL REPLY...............

it takes a lot if guts to ask someone about shipping.I know I would never do  it ..

There is never a nickel that's too small to split  on ebay.  I don't know which is more entertaining ... The many ways people can re-define "cheap", or the different ways people justify it .

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

@dubiousgain wrote:
 ...the different ways people justify it .

That's because crazy people don't think they're crazy, boring people don't think they're boring, and cheap people don't think they're cheap- 😆

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

I'm the first to look for a bargain when I need something. I spend a large amount on EBAY from year to year patronizing a large group of sellers. I shop, I buy, I research.

But I don't chisel. I don't bargain and I don't bug sellers about their prices. And I don't like it when it's done to me.

I don't lose sleep over the seller that wants $20.00 to mail something to me that I could mail to him for $4.00

I just hit the back button.
Message 30 of 30
latest reply