cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replying to Board Posts

OK.  From now on, before replying to postings on Boards, will attempt to make sure the OP really wants help or advice rather than just discovered a place to vent.  

If my goal were to be chastised or criticized, I don't need to venture further than my own family for results.

Thank you for letting me vent.  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Replying to Board Posts

You go, girl!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Replying to Board Posts

Absolutely!  Seems like many come on here looking for validation AFTER they've acted outside of ebay policy, or opened the wrong type of case, and if you try to give them the facts, you instantly become the enemy. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Replying to Board Posts

@soh.maryl 

@tinsoldierunderground 

Roger all that!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Replying to Board Posts

As one who did make that mistake,let me say WE NEED you. LoL

Your advice is valued.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Replying to Board Posts

Great post. This needed to be said.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Replying to Board Posts

I hope you change your mind as your advice is NOT only for the OP; but for ANYONE reading these posts. 

Please- do NOT care if the OP is 'appreciative' of your advice when they are not, do as you've always done... ignore. 

That person is typically/usually BEYOND any help, but again- OTHERS reading will get something out of it. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Replying to Board Posts

What needs to be understood by anyone posting here to ask for help is that  NONE OF US  responding or trying to help : 

A) work for Ebay

B) are being paid for our time 

C) are “ cheerleaders”

D) need the abuse often heaped on us 

E) are immune to the many problems or situations also being experienced by the posters who are looking for help.

Quite honestly, it should be resolved that hostile posters should consider themselves very lucky if some here continue to attempt helping said poster should they choose to heap abuse, scorn or ridicule on members of these boards. If you wouldn’t choose to use such tones in a face-to-face discussion, don’t use keyboard courage as an excuse to be a jerk here.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Replying to Board Posts

@soh.maryl,

Too bad an actual ebay employee can't be tagged to get your post/vent pinned to the top of the page.  Maybe you should use my old signature, now paraphrased to be inclusive.

"A wise person speaks because they have something to say. Fools because they have to say something". - Plato

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 9
latest reply