cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot delete items from watch list

@kippyjean1 

Are you using the app or the mobile website? Do the items show deleted for a moment and come back or do they not delete at all?  Can you try swiping on an item to see if they delete? And double checking you are in the watch list by opening your app, tapping the My eBay button at the bottom and then selecting your watching list.

Here are details on how to do a screen recording, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935

Is the account kippyjean1 one of the accounts where you cannot delete?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I am not on a phone.  When I click on delete there is a the moment where it acts like its being deleted but is not deleted.  When I've tried to delete multiple items at once it will actually tell me how many items were deleted but, they're not.  Still there.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@kippyjean1 

I found that you have to exit your watch list after you click on the delete button, then when you go back to the list, the items have been deleted.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@kippyjean1,

"I am not on a phone".

It doesn't matter if it is a phone, a pad or other portable device.  If you are using the app to sign in on a portable device, you can try using its browser and login in the classic way with your username and password.  Then try deleting the item. 

If you are using a computer and use the app for quick login, then login the classic way. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I've been on ebay since 2005.  I have 3 accounts.  They have all been experiencing the same thing for the last 3-4 days.  Items cannot be deleted from my watch lists.  It is a glitch-hopefully ebay is working on it.  I log in and out of each account at least 1 time a day if not several and the items continue to be there after I have continuously tried to delete them.  Before this, I had 2 of my accounts in which the summary page didn't relfect "sold" under selling when the menu dropped down.  I reached out to ebay and they actually opened a job order to have someone look at it to help me.  I was able to get into my sold items but had to take 2 additional steps to get there.   I finally changed my landing page and ended up fixing it myself.  There are some wacky things going on right now.  Glad you're not experiencing it.    I'm sorry I even reached out to the community to try to get some insight into what is happening.  I understand how to delete items from my watch list.  Unfortunately, it's just not working correctly right now.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Have you tried using the old "All Buying" page to delete those Watch List items?

That has worked for me when other methods have failed.

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&currentpage=MyeBayNextAllBuying

If you are using the "All Lists" page, do not delete items using that page; it is not working correctly, particularly for Watch List items.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you!  It seems to work.  I also changed the landing page again and hopefully that will help.  The all lists page still seems to reflect all of the deleted items on one account-crazy stuff- but when I click on the watch list in that account they're gone (just showing up on the all lists page still-wacky).   I truly appreciate your help!  I also appreciate someone acknowledging that the page is not working correctly for everyone right now.  Hopefully their ebay is on it and will clear it up soon.  Have a great day!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You are most welcome -- glad to hear that worked for you.

I also use the "All Lists" page to keep track of items on all of my lists at once, but lately the delete function no longer works on that page, unfortunately. eBay has not been updating the page since all links to it were removed from the site over two years ago, and I suspect the page has been largely forgotten by eBay. Which is a shame, since it is a very useful page.

If you find items Watch List that appear on your All Lists page but do not appear on the actual Watch List or All Buying page, you should be able to remove those by going to the item page, adding the item to the Watch List again, and then deleting from the All Buying page. It is a cumbersome workaround, but it allows the All Lists page to remain useful.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply