cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package delivered to the wrong address and denied refund

Ok so a couple day ago I got a message saying that my package was delivered (At front door). When I went out to my door to check however, nothing was there. I also checked my mailbox (even though I know what I ordered wouldn't fit) and nothing. So I wasn't really that mad I was a little upset  but it was fine. So I went and opened a case for this order and all the seller did was send me the shipping status that said that it had been delivered to the right address (which it didn't). So I waited for a refund because I let them know it was delivered to the wrong address and all I wanted was a refund. A few days later ebay themselves had to get involved and they were seeing what they could do about it. A couple minutes later, the told me "A refund cannot be given for this order because the seller sent the tracking info and it states that it was delivered to the correct address" (it wasn't). And I get it, I could easily be scamming them and just be saying that to get my money back and have the item at the same time, but I worked for that money and I'm not a **bleep** who would do something like that. So I'm gonna drop this because I have a strong feeling that regardless of anything I do, I won't be receiving my money or my item so it's done. I just want to say that before you order anything on eBay, try Amazon or try going to the store or something with Shipping instructions because I lost nearly $105 because of it.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Package delivered to the wrong address and denied refund

Hello, What you need to do is file a claim against the delivery service that was used. So if the service was USPS file a claim against them, if it was UPS file against them, ect... The Seller did his/her job. The issue is the delivery service delivered to the wrong address. So you can get your money back, you just have to file a claim, play their game and be patient. Hope this helps

View Best Answer in original post

Message 16 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Im sorry to hear that..maybe a porch pirate if it was left outside your door and not in the mailbox. Ive had a couple of those myself.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Maybe it was delivered to the wrong house.  Contact your local Postmaster.  The post office can see where the package was actually delivered with the GPS on their scanning devices.

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

Just a thought: Did you check with your neighbors? Sometimes packages are delivered to the right street but the wrong house.

Also, like  @crazystuff4sale suggested, check with the post office that delivers your mail and see if  they can find your package - or at least where it was delivered - via the tracking number.

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

"try Amazon"

It doesn't matter where you buy online it will work the same, when tracking shows delivered you won't get a refund.

Contact your local post office, they may be able to locate the package if it was delivered to the wrong location and if they confirm the correct delivery point you will know that you have a thief going through your mailbox.

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

Before throwing in the towel, definitely follow some of the tips being mentioned on this thread. For all you know, the parcel was scanned erroneously & it still is transit. Definitely check with the neighbors, double check the shipping address that you provided, ask the seller to confirm the shipping address that they entered for the shipping label, & definitely contact your local post office. Please be aware that it could also be porch pirates that just walked away with your parcel. It's a big problem across the country. 

Hang in there & we all know that you work hard for your money & want the item that you ordered on the platform. 

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

"try Amazon"

It doesn't matter where you buy online it will work the same, when tracking shows delivered you won't get a refund.

Yep, a friend had the exact same experience with Amazon and they told her no refund because it was delivered.

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

Update: I talked to a few neighbors, turns out that yeah, my package was probably delivered to an address nearly identical to mine. Since I live in an apartment complex, there's another apartment complex right next to mine, that has the same numbers and letters, and it probably was delivered there, funny thing is, they tell me that nobody lives there and my package was probably stolen by some people who usually hang around that area.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

I have not had this happen with an ebay package but I did have it happen to an amazon package.  The driver took a photo of the package on the porch and I saw they dropped it off at my neighbors front porch for some reason.  I went over and saw it was there and grabbed it.

If usps delivered it i would contact them because their delivery person may remember it or you might be able to talk with them and see if it was a wrong house in your area, or if in some cases it went really wrong and was delivered to someplace far away.  One time one of my usps packages I was expecting, would up in a different state, which usps could confirm later through its sorting system info and photos, and once that was figured out i was off the hook for paying for it because i didn't get the package.

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Interesting. Been lucky where I'm at that I rarely had to worry about theft. Occasional misdelivery. But it usually got worked out.

But I always thought the buyer was refunded by the marketplace if they say they never got it unless it seemed to be a consistent thing with them.

I know Amazon did at one point, but that was before they had their own team of delivery people. So may be it's different now.

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

@lepke1979 wrote:

Interesting. Been lucky where I'm at that I rarely had to worry about theft. Occasional misdelivery. But it usually got worked out.

But I always thought the buyer was refunded by the marketplace if they say they never got it unless it seemed to be a consistent thing with them.

I know Amazon did at one point, but that was before they had their own team of delivery people. So may be it's different now.

I suspect they don't do it anymore because these days they send you an email with photo evidence that it was delivered. I imagine they might if the photo showed it was delivered to the wrong address, though.

I just received something from Amazon the other day and up popped the little email saying it was delivered with a photo of it on my porch. Pretty hard to dispute that it was delivered when it was sitting right in front of my house number.

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

Have  received both USPS and Amazon shipments addressed to next door neighbors and one neighbor with the same house number but  not even a similar street name  i.e.  Deep Steep vs Eastwood  Frst.  One  Amazon delivered package my neighbor recognized our front door and came over and got his package (still in the same place where it was photoed).  Miss delivers do and will continue to happen due to the "human factor".  Your best  bet  is to contact the carried with the tracking number and see what info/help they can provide.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 12 of 37
latest reply

Consider getting a PO Box at you local USPS facility.  Apartments and subdivisions with "gang mail boxes" seem to always have issues due to the "human factor" issues.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 13 of 37
latest reply

@johnrj1226 wrote:

Consider getting a PO Box at you local USPS facility.  Apartments and subdivisions with "gang mail boxes" seem to always have issues due to the "human factor" issues.

Did that for a long while. Was nice. Place I grew up at, our street was similar to another street in the same track. Made even more fun that we both had the same house number.

Something like 123 Lane vs 123 Lang

Regular delivery people were usually good at catching it. But not always the case if a sub took over that day. So was a common thing where we would just drop off each others mail every so often. Was fine. Worked well for years. Then the daughter went to college and her parents for whatever reason would leave our mail on top of the mail box. After a few times of finding our mail blowing in the street we figured out what was going on.

Got the PO Box shortly after and wondered why we didn't do this sooner. Made vacations a lot easier among other things. Didn't have to worry about people getting the mail while we were gone for instance.

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Sorry someone stole your package. Ordering from Amazon or anywhere else would have been the same result. Sellers cannot jut give refunds to those who get packages stolen.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply