cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Amazon packaged arrived.

I ordered an unbranded water dish. Ebay's algorithm put it near the top of my search with a banner that said "Great Deal." After I ordered it, the exact same one showed up $10 cheaper. Oh well, my bad for not being more thorough. Unfortunately, my item showed up via Amazon. No big. I already know I overpayed, but here's the kicker....... The water bowl is bad. My kitten can't reach the water because it onlys fills up 1/2" off the bottom. So, it has to go back, because it definately doesn't even come close to the top of the bowl like they showed in the picture.  Very dissapointing.

Well, 9 days after mailing it back through Ups and it's missing.  

UPS said it's not their problem because of the contract they have with Amazon. Amazon can't help me, and Ebay said I need to wait another 7 days just in case it might get delivered. This really sucks. What am I supposed to do. The seller would not contact Amazon for me and they just said it's pending delivery.  It's been pending for several days..... Something is obviously wrong.  

I am so frustrated with this. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

You returned the dish to Amazon? Should have been returned to the seller.Had you opened a not as described case against the seller, he would have been responsible for the return label.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Hi @cwit3944 

Many sellers list items on both eBay and Amazon ... and Amazon is able to ship the seller's own items to eBay buyers.

If a buyer purchases an item on eBay ... they are supposed to file a 'return request' on eBay regardless of where the item was originally shipped from.  Did you open your request on eBay?  

If you were sent the return label by either the seller or eBay ... you will be refunded if the item never reaches its destination.  Not to worry.  You're at no risk of losing your money, although I'm sorry it seems to be taking longer than usual.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

OP says in fb that he had to pay to return it.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

The seller sent me their Amazon return label and I did go through Ebay. I contacted the seller first, then Ebay after confiming the package was lost.

I contacted the seller again, before contacting Ebay and it didn't resolve anything. They just told me the package was pending delivery. Unfortunately,  the package had been pending delivery for a few days and I know that's not right. So, I ended up contacting Amazon to see it was delivered and Ups to see what was up.  Hopefully someone finds it and this gets resolved soon. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Usually Amazon doesn't want the return and usually refunds you.

So, it sounds like seller was selling an item off of Amazon site without actually having the item.

I think that is against the rules of eBay.

Which is probably why it is lost never to be found since seller never had it and Amazon didn't sell it to you.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@cwit3944 

I’m sorry you weren’t aware of the appropriate procedure.  You should have filed a return request with eBay … and then asked eBay to step in if the seller didn’t provide you a FREE return label within 3 business days.

I think it may be too late to involve eBay at this point.  I would phone your credit card company … and explain how your seller played the system.  Provide the tracking number and see if they’ll give you a chargeback.  Good luck!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I figured the holiday was the reason for the delay and decided to give everything a few extra days. It happens. However, the seller did provide the free label, it just happened to be free from Amazon and it was sent through my ebay account.  So, everything looked good until the package went missing. If it had not  done that, I would not have been here.  Ironically, when I involved Ebay they just told me to contact Amazon again.   Now I am waiting on Amazon for the 2nd time and I hope they reply like they said they would.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I asked to return it and the seller sent me a Ups label that ended up being supplied by Amazon. So, when I talked to Ups about it being lost, they said they aren't responsible and to talk to Amazon. When I alerted Ebay, they said to talk to Amazon.  I figured Ebay will eventually resolve the issue if Amazon doesn't respond but I am still at my wits end trying to get it straightened out. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Sorry to say, your seller pulled a fast one. Had you actually opened a not as described case here, the seller would have been forced to send you a return label back to him.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@cwit3944 wrote:

I figured the holiday was the reason for the delay and decided to give everything a few extra days. It happens. However, the seller did provide the free label, ....

@cwit3944 
May I ask why your feedback says you had to pay to return it?

[That did cause some confusion.]

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

OP says in fb that he had to pay to return it.

Which apparently is untrue (also according to the OP).

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

The listing said -

Returns: 30 days returns. Seller pays for return shipping.

But I asked the seller for the amazon return label.  

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I wrote the review before I was able to send it back.  

Unfortunately, Amazon still hasn't contacted me and the Ups tracking hasn't updated.  Anyone else gone through this? 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Or, I just asked to return it because it didn't fill and found out it was an Amazon label.   It's been a hectic couple of weeks. Thanks for trying to help. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply