Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

trying to find another seller

I am looking at an item in the UK, but is local pick up only. Is there a way I could try to find a seller from the UK that is willing to buy the product and then ship it to me in the US? The item is located in Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom and is ...

Glitch while trying to sell

As I was pressing to confirm an item to sell with 20$ and bidding turned off. It randomly turned back on, and I can't sell the item on buy now because the starting bid glitches itself to turn on after pressing to list it. Anyone knows how this happen...

Received empty envelope

I bought an item for $38. It was shipped in a small white mailer. It was delivered empty and open. It doesn’t look like it was cut open, it looks like the mailer failed and opened at the seams. I messaged the seller and the response was that it was o...

IMG_8263.jpeg IMG_8265.jpeg

paypal

i want to cancel my paypal account.do i need paypal account to do business on ebay?

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

What happens when a buyer doesn't pay for an auction item?

I've never not paid for an item without talking to the seller first if I change my mind on something. I get that things happen sometimes. But, most of the time, I suspect it's buyer's remorse. It's rude. An auction ended almost 2 days ago, and I have...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 2 helpful

Bought an item that I suspect was scam. How do I make sure that the seller doesn't get the money?

Bought a newly listed Leica M6 for what I figured was either a great deal (like the seller needed to make a quick buck) or it was scam as the price was high enough to maybe be a true deal. The account was newly made so I was suspicious. I did a rever...

Fake fedex tracking #

All, i order 4 dozen golf balls. Seller gives me a tracking # that says it is being shipped to my city. The tracking # was to a different person, and zip code(45229) in my city and it apparently weighed 72lbs, golf balls maybe weighed 7lbs, my zip co...

Screenshot_20230726_022436_eBay.jpg

Didn't receive the item I purchased

Paid for a dozen golf balls on July 11th and still haven't received them. Ebay says they will help but they don't have a phone number and you have to go round and round with their customer service computer crap.

Bait & Switch - false pricing

Apologies in advance if this issue has been raised a million times already, but I can't easily find it discussed. It infuriates me when a seller's opening price is impossible to achieve.Typically, the opening price of a range of hats (say) is $2.50. ...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 5 helpful

Item not arrived and invalid tracking number

So I ordered an item that was supposed to arrive by today which it didn't when I looked up the tracking number it's not valid and there has been no updates on the shipping since I bought it. I tried to message the seller with no response and I can't ...

Can I keep both ?

Hi Everyone,I recently have been given a refund by EBay due to the seller not responding within the “5 day notice” in send shipping label. Also, EBay told me that I no longer need to send the item back! Is this correct? Will appreciate your feedback....

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

How do I get my refund?

I was not sent what I ordered and after some frustrating time dealing with the seller who was to pay shipping but gave me the run around I was finally helped by eBay to get a shipping label . The seller received the item back on July 6 . The seller h...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors