cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor with cracked screen

I placed an offer on an  item that the seller accepted.  When it arrived, the screen was cracked in three places.  When I complained to the seller, he said the condition was, "Parts not working".  I checked and at the time it showed it being listed as such (item number: 353539142925).  My concern is that I would have noticed this.  I remembered it listed as, "Open  Box".  Is there a way to check if the owner changed the Description after he accepted my offer?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Monitor with cracked screen

I don't believe that a seller can change the category or description once an offer is accepted.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Now I just need to know if it was.  Now that Ebay has no Customer Support #, there's no way to try and find out.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

The seller has agreed to refunding my moneyh but the cost to return  ship a large computer monitor would be really high.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

You can see the original listing. 

IMO, IF it stated for parts only and you bought it, you should suck it up and pay for return shipping.  IF the seller has more of the items and changed the description AFTER you purchased from "open box" to "for parts only", then and only then would I put in a SNAD and make the seller pay for return shipping.  

So, be responsible for your error if you made one, make the seller responsible for their error if they made one.  

It's called adulting.

I can't find 353539142925 would you recheck the listing so we can give better help please.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I don't think I was clear, I understand that if I messed up I need to suck it up but the reason for my concern is that it may very well have been listed as, "Open Box" and then changed to, "For parts not working" after he accepted my offer so I wouldn't have a case when the item arrived (which would be a great way to make a buck for a damaged item).  For that reason, I should be refunded without having to return it.

The item # IS  353539142925

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@himynameisrichard wrote:

The item # IS  353539142925

That item number isn't bringing up anything.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

There is NO item number 353539142925. None.  

The seller CAN'T change a listing after an offer.  It's impossible (I've tried).  The seller can't change a listing after it's been sold.  

This is beginning to sound more and more like a "you bought something hoping it would be in better shape and are now regretting you got exactly as described" situation.  

NOW you want a full refund without return...SMH

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Although the listing does not appear when searching on the ebay.com site, it is possible to find a link to the original item on the Canadian eBay site:

eburtonlab_0-1630373298413.png

See here at the top of the page:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/144174761194?oid=353539142925

That links to this ended listing:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/LG-32UD99-W-Monitor-with-built-in-speakers-/353539142925?_trksid=p2047675.m4...

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Condition:
For parts or not working
I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Ran out of time > third photo appears to show the cracked screen
I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Unless you made your offer sometime between 12:04:28 AM EDT (when the seller added the best offer option) and 01:47:41 AM EDT (when the seller changed both the item description and BIN price), it's likely that at the time of your purchase, it was "Parts not working".

If you looked at it before 01:47:41 AM EDT, it may have been "open box" at that time, but what's important is what it was described as at the time of purchase.

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 10.48.29 AM.jpg

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

We have a crack team of investigators on this board, who have proven YOU bought a broken item.  

All of us can clearly see the pictures of a cracked monitor.  

Listings can NOT be changed while there's an active best offer and can NOT be changed AFTER the item is purchased.  

This is a completely YOUR FAULT!

What do you want to bet, the OP doesn't come back and still tries to get his free return shipping or his free computer?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@himynameisrichard wrote:

Is there a way to check if the owner changed the Description after he accepted my offer?

No need to check because that isn't a thing.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply