cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller shipped wrong card to me and another buyer, wants us to send cards to each other

I bought a trading card from japan and received the wrong card in the mail today. Seller replied saying he shipped me and another person the wrong cards. His suggestion (since I guess we are both in the US and he's in Japan) is he gives me a prepaid label with the other buyer's address so I send them their card, and gives the other buyer my address on a label so they send me the card. 

This seems like a bad idea to me. I told the seller as much. 1) I am not comfortable with giving my address to another random ebay user. 2) What if they never ship out the card? or what if I ship the card and they say it never arrived? I don't want to be responsible for that.

Then the seller said oh he can get 2 labels which go to his mom who lives in the US, and then she will only see my address and send out both cards. (I have no way of knowing this is even true. He could just be making this up to get me to agree)

Also this seems like it could be a scam. Like, what if the other "buyer" is his friend who will "send my card to me" but actually to himself, and then it shows delivered. I will be out a card and the money I paid for it.

This just seems like a bad idea. Am I overreacting? What should I do in this case? Thank you

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Seller shipped wrong card to me and another buyer, wants us to send cards to each other

Overall; no, I probably would not want to get involved in all that.. but; what kind of cost are we talking?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The card costs $60. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bdawg923 

This can become a real mess. You are going to deal with the other buyer with no protection for your purchase. 

I'd open up a not as described case and return it then go from there.

Too many possible missteps. 

Be careful. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you. I'm leaning towards that. I should probably just return it for a full refund and that's that.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I would not do it.  He possibly has the option to make the address for returns his mom's address, then he can provide a shipping label thru the return process on eBay to have you send to her address, you are covered there because you would be sending to the address he provided with the label he provided.  Otherwise, I would just do a normal return and be done with it. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

For $60 I would tell seller 'not interested- send me $xx so I can buy a return label' (anyone outside USA cannot buy a label, except Military Bases)

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You are not overreacting.  This could be anything from honest human error to a big scam.  But whatever it is, there is no reason for you to involve yourself in it, and many reasons not to.

Use the eBay Money Back Guarantee.  File an Item Not as Described and get a full refund.  (Be sure to file INAD.  Do not file Item Not Received.)  Use the refunded money to buy the card you want elsewhere.

=

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@maxine*j is right.  For the sake of argument, lets assume it was an honest mistake by the seller.  It still their responsibility to fix it, not yours.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply