cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller won't ship item and won't issue a refund

Seller messaged me that the item I purchased is no longer available and will not issue a refund. What are my options to get refunded for my purchase?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@tarpshed wrote:

Seller messaged me that the item I purchased is no longer available and will not issue a refund.

What are my options to get refunded for my purchase?

Your options are eBay, PayPal, or your card issuer. In any event @tarpshed don't talk to your seller again, now or later.

If you pursue your refund at eBay:

• Wait for the latest estimated distant delivery due date (LED-D-D-D)
  • Wait 48 hours after that
  • Start an item not received refund request (INR-R-R)
  • Wait 3 business days --  may be 6 days: e.g. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, public holiday, Tuesday, Wednesday
  • Ask eBay to step in it, and wait another 48 hours (or more if eBay forgets, see example)

Or file your dispute here right now -- on PayPal, you can start a dispute immediately after payment -- and get your refund in 5 calendar days.

Otherwise, call your card issuer (number on the back of the card) and file a chargeback to get your provisional refund today or the next day.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@tarpshed 

IF/WHEN the latest estimated date of delivery has already passed by at least 1 day, you have up to 30 days past estimated date of delivery to file a Refund Request:

Go to your My Ebay page >> Purchase history

•     Select “More actions” beside your item and then “I didn't receive it.”
  •     Click the box beside I want a refund.
  •     Select Send request.

If the seller does not respond after 3 days, you can ask Ebay to step in to help you.

•     Find the item in your Purchase History
  •     Select See request details
  •     Select “Ask eBay to step in.”
*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@tarpshed,

Do as @*lady*madonna* , suggested, and in the meantime leave the seller a negative feedback, and block them.   They deserve it.

I have trouble believing that a long time seller and buyer doesn't know how the MBG works.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks. The seller has only been active for a couple of weeks and this was their 1st sale. They do not understand how to issue a refund (he says).  I hope you were not referring to me tarpshed as that long time seller. Actually, tarpshed is asking the question. I do appreciate your reply however.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@tarpshed wrote:

Seller messaged me that the item I purchased is no longer available and will not issue a refund.

What are my options to get refunded for my purchase?

Your options are eBay, PayPal, or your card issuer. In any event @tarpshed don't talk to your seller again, now or later.

If you pursue your refund at eBay:

• Wait for the latest estimated distant delivery due date (LED-D-D-D)
  • Wait 48 hours after that
  • Start an item not received refund request (INR-R-R)
  • Wait 3 business days --  may be 6 days: e.g. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, public holiday, Tuesday, Wednesday
  • Ask eBay to step in it, and wait another 48 hours (or more if eBay forgets, see example)

Or file your dispute here right now -- on PayPal, you can start a dispute immediately after payment -- and get your refund in 5 calendar days.

Otherwise, call your card issuer (number on the back of the card) and file a chargeback to get your provisional refund today or the next day.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply