cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received a white/faceless mini teddy bear from ebay? (Kentucky)?? Thank you???????

I just received a little package from Kentucky that indicates it was from ebay sent as a gift. It is white and there is no face. It came in a little plastic bag with a card from ebay. The bag has a tag/sticker that says YOU HAD ME AT  HELLO "I love you" "I know". The business card says Ebay with a plane zooming across the top, then says "Thanks for my dear", the back says "Thank you for your support and trust in us. This is our little gift to you, we have been committed to providing high quality goods and excellent services. The item you ordered has been delivered to the post office, under normal circumstances the item will be delivered within 7-10 working days. If you do not receive the goods and are satisfied without goods and services, please leave us a feedback after receiving the goods, this will be our greatest encouragement and suppiort. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us we will do our best to solve it for you,  Have a nice day, best regards. The item envelope indicates U SKY3 Warehouse, Gateway BLVD Hebron KY. (I left the actual #'s off) There are also 2 reference #"s. ****Ebay is in California? So.......wondering if this is part of a scan to prove delivery of an item I never received? 

What the heck is this for? I want to also note, the last item I purchased a week ago was a convection heater that the seller marked shipped but was never in transit. I received a message from the seller indicating 'the item was bumped and returned by the shipper, we have issued a refund." 

Yet in paypal, they indicated ebay refunded partial payment. So I'm wondering if this was from a seller, to prove delivery of an item never sent? 

Thanks for your insight as to what this is all about.

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Just received a white/faceless mini teddy bear from ebay? (Kentucky)?? Thank you???????

Seems that some off-shore sellers send a small item of sorts  (that gift) to meet the shipping metrics as well as sending the bulkier item, and those transactions actually work out.   Sometimes they don't.

Message 46 of 67
latest reply

Re: Just received a white/faceless mini teddy bear from ebay? (Kentucky)?? Thank you???????

Not sure if I responded, my apologies if i did but yes, the gift can be taken both ways, the problem is, why was the bear tracking input into the tracking for the goods? They can just say it was an honest typo, confusion between #'s.  It's part of the plan. IMHO. I think now that the seller just informed me they went ahead with the refund, the $43 balance will go away. If I go back and see the other letter wasn't removed I will post the sellers recent response so "he/she" can have the last word. 

Message 47 of 67
latest reply

Here's the response I just received, indicating I was now refunded? I thought I already had it? lolScreenshot 2023-11-08 1.49.18 PM.png

Message 48 of 67
latest reply

The tracking associated with the money should be reserved for the item and not a "token" of customer appreciation. The guilt is thick but I don't buy it. 

Message 49 of 67
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

It's not new. Usually they just send an envelope with a note saying basically what yours said. TY for your purchase. Your item is in the way" and of course it never arrives and if you file INR they have tracking on the note you got.

Yup, and by the time you realize you'll never get the item, it's too late for the MBG. 

Open NAD now @backyardtreasurehunter 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 50 of 67
latest reply

"... why was the bear tracking input into the tracking for the goods?"

@backyardtreasurehunter 

So that they wouldn't have to attach the label to the goods. The goods aren't coming. 

Message 51 of 67
latest reply

@backyardtreasurehunter wrote:

This item, (the bear) was sent to me the day the item was marked as shipped. So this is the heater I never got which was already partially refunded. I can't file a non-receipt because i got a refund BEFORE I asked for one.

No, you don't want to file non-receipt. You want to file NAD (not as described). Because although you didn't receive what you purchased, you did received "something" and the seller has tracking to show delivery. With fake tracking scams, you'll always lose for non-receipt claims.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 52 of 67
latest reply

You know it! 

Message 53 of 67
latest reply

just got this message in my inbox YOUR ORDER WAS DELIVERED! lol no mention of the gift, just the item that the seller said the shipper returned due to damage. SCAM ALERT! lolScreenshot 2023-11-08 3.35.02 PM.png

Message 54 of 67
latest reply

Have you opened an item not as described case?

If not, what's keeping you from doing that?  

Message 55 of 67
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

@backyardtreasurehunter wrote:

The system says I already got a refund so can't return the item. 

Have you opened an item not as described case?

If not, what's keeping you from doing that?

Message 56 of 67
latest reply

Ebay says it was refunded so no action can be taken. Paypal says they only partially paid it off, seller says he is now sending a refund. I did get a partial so far, ebay says send paypal a screenshot of the refund in myebay, paypal says they can't get screenshots, nor can see into my ebay account.  I'm not sure what's going on, but it's a screwed up situation that seems intentional to defraud, IMO. i'm on it. 

Message 57 of 67
latest reply

By the way, Screenshot 2023-11-08 4.38.10 PM.pngI don't have an option to file NAD.

Message 58 of 67
latest reply

Oops, did I make another boo boo by posting that pic with the seller shown?

Can you delete a post?

Message 59 of 67
latest reply

I think I just realized how this works... that the only option I have is to file NON RECEIPT or re-sell? and..., and of course, If I went with the Non Receipt, I would have lost.  Because the tracking shows the item was delivered, but, the tracking was actually the gift from the seller and not the item. (the seller indiated the item was damaged and the shipper returned it. (I don't think it was ever shipped) (for those who did not see the reason for this post, the item was paid with paypal credit and after the seller initiated the refund, on their own decision, due to the claim THEY MADE that the item was damaged and returned,still has a balance of $43. Paypal says there was only a partial refund given, and to contact the vendor about it being a partial payment...The vendor is ebay according to paypal. in the sellers message mentions something about 30% discount or restocking fee? So maybe that's how the $43 comes into play? Or a reason why retained? but again, the tracking did not track the actual item purchased, just the bear. With a card FROM EBAY!!!!!!! 

Here is what I received, not the item. Tied to the purchase. Proof of delivery is attached to the sale item.bear2.JPGbear3.JPGbear4.JPG

Message 60 of 67
latest reply