cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received a white/faceless mini teddy bear from ebay? (Kentucky)?? Thank you???????

I just received a little package from Kentucky that indicates it was from ebay sent as a gift. It is white and there is no face. It came in a little plastic bag with a card from ebay. The bag has a tag/sticker that says YOU HAD ME AT  HELLO "I love you" "I know". The business card says Ebay with a plane zooming across the top, then says "Thanks for my dear", the back says "Thank you for your support and trust in us. This is our little gift to you, we have been committed to providing high quality goods and excellent services. The item you ordered has been delivered to the post office, under normal circumstances the item will be delivered within 7-10 working days. If you do not receive the goods and are satisfied without goods and services, please leave us a feedback after receiving the goods, this will be our greatest encouragement and suppiort. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us we will do our best to solve it for you,  Have a nice day, best regards. The item envelope indicates U SKY3 Warehouse, Gateway BLVD Hebron KY. (I left the actual #'s off) There are also 2 reference #"s. ****Ebay is in California? So.......wondering if this is part of a scan to prove delivery of an item I never received? 

What the heck is this for? I want to also note, the last item I purchased a week ago was a convection heater that the seller marked shipped but was never in transit. I received a message from the seller indicating 'the item was bumped and returned by the shipper, we have issued a refund." 

Yet in paypal, they indicated ebay refunded partial payment. So I'm wondering if this was from a seller, to prove delivery of an item never sent? 

Thanks for your insight as to what this is all about.

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Just received a white/faceless mini teddy bear from ebay? (Kentucky)?? Thank you???????

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@xadexane wrote:

If the total is $0.00 then you have been fully refunded, and why you can't start a return. The $43+ at PayPal may be your cost to use PayPal Credit which is not free, even though you didn't buy anything this time.

Even though you said you used the promotion of no interest for 6 mo @backyardtreasurehunter , is it possible you missed or were late on a payment? There's a fee up to $41 for late payment and if they applied interest for being late the terms say minimum $2. Could that account for the $43 PayPal says you owe?

https://www.paypal.com/credit-application/paypal-credit/da/us/landing

Interested in a response to the above post @backyardtreasurehunter . Have you contacted PayPal to find out if the $43 is fees implemented by PayPal?

The screenshot you just posted shows you were refunded in full through eBay. This is not an eBay issue. If the seller was trying to scam you they would not have refunded you in full.

You are misunderstanding the latest response from the seller. When they said they refunded you right away, they were referring to the initial refund which was done in full. They were not saying they will send a second refund. It would be systematically impossible for them to send a refund over the amount you paid.

You need to connect with PayPal customer service to find out why it shows you owe $43.

Message 61 of 67
latest reply

Re: Just received a white/faceless mini teddy bear from ebay? (Kentucky)?? Thank you???????

I called paypal the other day, (took me an hour of chat to get them to give me their # to call) I called ebay last night

Get the heck off the phone.

Phone clerks  are subcontractors, poorly trained and with little or no authority.

You want the eBay employees assigned to social media.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

And your Claim is NOT AS DESCRIBED (NAD) since the seller can prove delivery, even if it is not of what was purchased.

You have 180 days for a Paypal NAD claim and usually the same for a credit card chargeback if you did not use PP.

You can lose an eBay claim, appeal to PP, lose the PP claim and appeal with a chargeback as long as you do them in that order.

Message 62 of 67
latest reply

I owe many purchased in my paypal credit 6 month deals. I use this a lot. My last minimum was 30 and I paid off a purchase that was due in February. Nothing is due again until March, so I am way ahead of my paypal. I contacted paypal, they said the seller issued a partial, yet ebay shows it's fully refunded. Not sure what's going on.  Other purchased that were never shipped, that were refunded are $0.00 balance. This was my very last transaction using this payment method. I have many other sources to pay for things. My credit is really good so I can't aford to let any payments slide. I never got this item, I just bought it Oct 31, no interest acrued yet.

Message 63 of 67
latest reply

I just posted a screenshot of the options. NONE are NAD. Thanks for the suggestions, I think this scam is in the "restocking fees". Even though it was never shipped. But I can't file a NAD. I'm waiting for paypal's 72 hours to fix this then I'll go ape again.

Message 64 of 67
latest reply

It is RETURN this item.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 65 of 67
latest reply

@janet9988 wrote:

It is RETURN this item.

@backyardtreasurehunter  - As @janet9988 points out, in the screenshot you posted #58, one of the options is "return this item." 

When you click that button, it'll give reasons for you to choose why you want to return it, one of which will be that it's "not as described or pictured." 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 66 of 67
latest reply

This is what happens. (I think last night it all zero'd out because if you notice in the last sellers message they indicated they will "Process the return", (It was already processed, so why the need to process again?") Probably to return the "STOCKING" fee? Screenshot 2023-11-09 7.37.08 AM.png

Message 67 of 67
latest reply