cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item late, seller won't respond.

My item's last possible date was today, and there is no tracking number. It has been shipped with USPS ground advantage. Should I file a complaint? The seller won't respond. 

Item is a $500 pc

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item late, seller won't respond.

As a seller I couldn't imagine waiting to ship or not uploading a tracking number for 9 days on a $500 item . I would open the case up  it's either a scam or they don't want to sell the item and are not wanting to get hit with a canceled 

order . Was that price a buy it now or auction?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Are you saying that today, January 25th, is the last estimated delivery date as seen in the listing?

If so, you can open an item not received case tomorrow, or you can give it a few more days to arrive, given the general state of the USPS.  But always keep in mind that eBay's window for an INR case is 30 days.  

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

If there is no tracking number file an item not received case 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Yes. It supposedly shipped the 16th. I just want a tracking number, will this force him to give me one?, not trying to be a jerk but I messaged this guy 3 times during the week and he won't say anything. It's just frustrating that I can't say for sure it's coming or not. 

Also should it be taking this long? 

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

As a seller I couldn't imagine waiting to ship or not uploading a tracking number for 9 days on a $500 item . I would open the case up  it's either a scam or they don't want to sell the item and are not wanting to get hit with a canceled 

order . Was that price a buy it now or auction?

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

I glanced at the item, it was originally like $700 but he offered it at $500 without me saying anything. 

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Is the sellers phone number on the sale. If so, call it. 

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Their phone number is not on the sale

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

File the INR and the seller will have to respond to the case by uploading the tracking. I don't understand the point of not providing a tracking number. I do it on every item shipped and have been for 25+ years.

The only time I can see not having tracking is on very low dollar items that are sent with just a regular postage stamp.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Tomorrow I will file an inr case. Thank you. How much time does the seller have to drag this out, if he wanted to? 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Seller has 3 days to respond.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Thank you 🙂

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

To clarify, the seller has three business days to respond. 

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I don't understand the point of not providing a tracking number. I do it on every item shipped and have been for 25+ years.

@asset_liquidators 

On occasion, a seller does not want to give a heads up that the tracking is for a 2oz. package sent to the buyer's local gas station or CVS instead of the $500 computer they ordered.  The said vendor will contact eBay and provide a tracking number that says "delivered" after the case is filed.  eBay may or may not share that number with the buyer as it may not be entered into the case details.  Buyer is simply told "the seller provided tracking that shows you received the package", and the games begin with a Money Back Guarantee fail. 

Typically this is a technique used by ZERO feedback sellers who recently registered (or using old dormant hijacked accounts) and are selling 'vapor' and actually should have some selling limits as a newbie or returning seller.  

At the same time the seller may not use eBay shipping, and not entering the tracking number for USPS Ground Advantage was simply an oversite.  I am sure we will find out soon enough.  More could be determined if we had an item number from the OP @vince_beaub 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Here you go: 266480969776. 

Other facts, the guy has been around for a year has a 100% approval and has sold 84 items so he seemed legit to me. But sadly it's not looking like it. 

Message 15 of 23
latest reply