cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Not Received, Tracking Says Delivered FedEX - Buyer What Now

I'm the buyer.  FedEX.  We were anticipating package, per "out for delivery" and both were home, we have 2 cameras out front plus ring door bell/camera plus camera that has view of entire garage/driveway area.

Nothing. No one entered our property. We receive notifications within 30 seconds on my Apple Watch, iPhone and husbands Android phone.

I've posted on Next Door App hoping someone would chime in they received it. Drove over to same street number and partial name match for our street, we've received their packages in error over the years, and nothing, they didn't accidentally receive either.

Tried calling FedEX for the GPS coordinates of the delivery driver at the time of delivery and all I get is the seller/shipper has to file a lost package claim.

What now?  Driving to FedEx office to try to get in person is a 50 or so mile round trip.  I can't seem to talk to a real person.

Chatted with eBay and they say I will be fine.  I only have to wait until April 14th for them to step in.

Reviewing posts here most seem to think Buyer is out of luck and Seller has no obligation. What about insurance IF they didn't insure?  I don't know.  100% Buyer Guarantee?  I'm a long time 25 year eBayer, mostly Buyer and some selling past few years.

Am I doing everything properly?

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Item Not Received, Tracking Says Delivered FedEX - Buyer What Now

" I know usually that eBay sides with the Buyers and makes Sellers upset, but in this scenario siding with the Seller when the Buyer has no recourse with carrier, shipper or eBay is frustrating too".

Yest it can be frustrating and scammers know that ebay and other 3rd party online shopping sites are not allowed access to the label info, because they are neither the sender or recipient. That is why it has become a popular scam.  None of the shipper's phone jockeys or chat reps can change that.  

If you do an online search for FedEx store near me hopefully you'll find one not too far away.  Do bring a way for the clerk to see the Order Details page to show that you were supposed to be the recipient of a package with the tracking number showing on the page.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 16 of 50
latest reply

If you dispute you will lose because tracking shows delivered.

You need to get it in writing from FedEx that the address on the label and to the house it was delivered to was not your address.

Then when you have something from FedEx to back up your claim you can appeal. 

Message 17 of 50
latest reply

How do you get the GPS data?? I went to our local FedEx and they tell me that there isn't anything they can do to help me.

Message 18 of 50
latest reply

what do you do when you buy a item and the seller gives fraudulent shipping and tracking information, says the item was delivered , i contacted fed ex and opened up a case pertaining to this shipment, fed ex stated that this tracking number was not shipped to my address and was not labeled to me either, I provided this information to ebays money back gaurentee department, I also provided this detailed information to the seller, neither eBay or the seller would do anything but reply with the item shows delivered,  no one ever looked into the fed ex case # , or the details from fed ex tracking details that the seller provided in the order details. TOTAL FRAUD! I PAID FOR A ITEM AND NEVER RECEIVED IT!, EBAYS HELP AND RESOLUTION CENTER WAS 0 HELP AND A WAIST OF MY TIME AND MONEY! PLEASE HELP!!

Message 19 of 50
latest reply

@okeefengines@slmp45 ,

Scroll down this page and read my reply to disneychristmas written on 4/11/23 at 3:13 AM.the time stamp for replies is in the upper right corner of each one.

It explains what you need to do to get resolution and why eBay's Item Not Received portion of the Money Back Guarantee does not work in these situations.

Had either of you done that, you would have the information you need to get a refund already. GPS data nor an email from FedEx will not help you with an appeal. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 20 of 50
latest reply

For me, there was NO picture of the label. Also no name and address for the Proof of Delivery from FedEx.

As a matter of fact, FedEx has no record of any shipments being sent to me with the tracking number that was provided by the seller.

Message 21 of 50
latest reply

My issue is being resolved ty ebay CS.

Thank you all for your help!

Message 22 of 50
latest reply

there is one born every day, it really falls on there parents for not teaching them the do's and dont's of being a real person.

Message 23 of 50
latest reply

good luck with the help you will receive from ebays CS, 

Message 24 of 50
latest reply

I can explain it to you but I can’t understand it for you.

Message 25 of 50
latest reply

do not put any trust into ebays customer service , 

Message 26 of 50
latest reply

This is a bunch of **bleep**! A buyer shouldn’t have to go through all of this to prove that a seller is being dishonest by providing y misleading tracking info. eBay should require the sellers to provide more than a tracking number. They need to provide proof that the item was shipped to the customer”s address. USPS provides receipts with the ship to address. I’m sure fedex does too.  eBay needs to do something about this. It’s been going on long enough.  As buyers we need to state in our claims that tracking info provided is not for this order , not to the  correct shipping address, and not the correct wt. The seller should have to prove otherwise 

Message 27 of 50
latest reply

THANK YOU! AND AMEN!

Message 28 of 50
latest reply

@eporteus,

If you had read my post dated 4/11/23 at 3:13am, now on page 2 of this topic thanks to someone spamming it.  You would know why ebay can't help you with this problem through the regular channels unless YOU get the necessary information. 

This is not only a problem on ebay, but it happens on the other 3rd party online shopping sites as well, because scammers know that the sites are not allowed access to the shipping label information address/package info, by the shipping agencies.  They can only access the tracking information.  If you lose an item not received dispute, there is an appeal button in the message you receive, but it requires doing the foot work, to win the appeal.

Message 29 of 50
latest reply

eBay certainly CAN and should help us with the problem. 1. They could force sellers to show proof of “ship to” address since they are the only ones that have access to that info. 2. They could force them to purchase shipping labels through their websites like Depop is doing. If we keep posting that eBay

CAN”T help us, this will never get resolve.d. I’m sorry, your answer is not helpful.

I don’t understand how you expect unsuspecting buyers to do the leg work. The shipping companies won”t give you the time of day.  

Message 30 of 50
latest reply