cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Not Received, Tracking Says Delivered FedEX - Buyer What Now

I'm the buyer.  FedEX.  We were anticipating package, per "out for delivery" and both were home, we have 2 cameras out front plus ring door bell/camera plus camera that has view of entire garage/driveway area.

Nothing. No one entered our property. We receive notifications within 30 seconds on my Apple Watch, iPhone and husbands Android phone.

I've posted on Next Door App hoping someone would chime in they received it. Drove over to same street number and partial name match for our street, we've received their packages in error over the years, and nothing, they didn't accidentally receive either.

Tried calling FedEX for the GPS coordinates of the delivery driver at the time of delivery and all I get is the seller/shipper has to file a lost package claim.

What now?  Driving to FedEx office to try to get in person is a 50 or so mile round trip.  I can't seem to talk to a real person.

Chatted with eBay and they say I will be fine.  I only have to wait until April 14th for them to step in.

Reviewing posts here most seem to think Buyer is out of luck and Seller has no obligation. What about insurance IF they didn't insure?  I don't know.  100% Buyer Guarantee?  I'm a long time 25 year eBayer, mostly Buyer and some selling past few years.

Am I doing everything properly?

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Item Not Received, Tracking Says Delivered FedEX - Buyer What Now

Please do not wait for eBay to step in. 

The item shows FedEx delivered. 

Once it shows delivered there is no MBG, unless you can prove it was not delivered to your address.

MBG is not for the shipping company says delivered but you day didnt get the item. 

Not saying you are not telling the truth but if everyone could say "I know it says delivered but I didnt get it" and then they get their money back that would be a huge loss for all sellers.

Message the seller and ask if they will contact FedEx for the information from FedEx.

Insurance is for items lost in transit OR damaged by the shipping company. It is also for the seller and not the buyer.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 50
latest reply

What about lost by an incompetent delivery driver?  Not my fault.  Not sellers fault.

Message 3 of 50
latest reply

Should I dispute with credit card company via PayPal?

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

oh forgot, even the photo for proof of delivery is JUST the label.  Even my WalMart + deliveries show my front porch with flower pots and my brick and front door in the background.  What kind of proof of delivery is that?  I can take photos of labels all day long and it doesn't prove anything.  So frustrated for myself and the seller.

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

Do NOT dispute anything yet... 

Call and talk to the local Fedex and ask them why THEY show an item was delivered?? 

Please know that sometimes the drivers (all subcontractors) show items delivered because they just couldn't get " to it" today; and the item shows up tomorrow.

So again, I would 

a) contact Fedex

b.) Wait till tomorrow ends. 

If there is no resolve, then you need to get a report from Fedex that shows the item showed delivered but GPS showed it was really delivered 'here' (if that's the case)- then open a case with eBay . You will, at first, be denied. Then, you can 'escalate and show that letter that you got from Fedex. 

Bottom line is "as long as tracking shows it was delivered, the seller is currently free and clear and ebay will side with the seller (at first). 

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

I will try to call tomorrow or pay them a visit and try to get the GPS info.  Seems most of my deliveries these days, are just by a random person in a personal vehicle not a real FedEx truck, both with FedEX and sometimes USPS but at least USPS it is only Amazon packages.  FedEx is the worst, I think. Thanks.

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

@disneychristmas wrote:

Should I dispute with credit card company via PayPal?

If you dispute the charge the seller will not only be out both the item and money, they'll get a $20 charge for the privilege. Not quite fair if it's not anything they did wrong. I'd work with seller and FedEx to get the GPS data first.

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

@kathiec wrote:

If you dispute the charge the seller will not only be out both the item and money, they'll get a $20 charge for the privilege.

If they choose to contest the dispute, yes.

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

@disneychristmas I have had multiple FedEx packages be misdelivered and when this happens they typically find out where the package ended up without the seller becoming involved. Sometimes they will take so long to start a GPS search there is almost no chance of getting the package back the easy way unfortunately. I have mostly been lucky that my neighbors do the right thing and bring the package to me.

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

@disneychristmas,

"Tried calling FedEX for the GPS coordinates of the delivery driver at the time of delivery and all I get is the seller/shipper has to file a lost package claim.  What now? Driving to FedEx office to try to get in person is a 50 or so mile round trip. I can't seem to talk to a real person.

Chatted with eBay and they say I will be fine. I only have to wait until April 14th for them to step in".

You do not have to go to a Fed-Ex office, they have many stores even some in Walmarts where you can get the info you need. Fed Ex will try to give you the run around, but a store clerk can give you some info. The ebay chat reps do not know how to deal with the fake tracking number scams, so don't wait until the 14th.  FYI emails will not be accepted by ebay since that can be faked.

You have been the victim of a fake tracking scam, the seller's send something, an envelope or small box with tracking to a different address, and uses the Delivered scan to win an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.  eBay's automated INR system is not allowed access to anything but the scan information, due to shipping company's privacy policies.  When you file a dispute and lose in the message there should  be an appeal button.  You have 30 days from losing the dispute to appeal, but in order to win you have to do some leg work.

You will have to go to your P.O. or  a local UPS-FedEx store.  You need to bring a copy of your order details page which shows your address and the tracking number with you. If you bought using a phone or tablet, you can bring that to show the clerk the order details.

You want to ask the clerk to check the label address against yours, and also to check the Package type/size weight info to see if was is appropriate for what you should have received.  If the info does not match up, you ask the clerk to write a note on Company stationary saying in general that the shipping label's address was not yours, and if applicable that the package type/size/weight was not right for what you should have received. Do not ask for specific address or package info, they cannot give it out.  Have the clerk sign and date the note.

Once you have the note, you can appeal the dispute ruling, or contact ebay through their Facebook or Twitter social media pages. (links below) You can write out what happened and what you found out, and add a CLEAR photo or a scan of the note to an appeal or message.  If you go the social media route which is recommended, because the reps know about the fake tracking scams you will need to have the seller's username and the ebay item number. At the end of your message give them your real and ebay username. 

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

https://twitter.com/askebay

In the future I strongly suggest that you check the feedback profile pages of each seller you intend to buy from, before bidding on or buying their items.  On the profile page if the seller has received neutral or negative feedback, click on the numbers of them to read only those comments. Never go by a feedback percentage alone.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 11 of 50
latest reply

I don't think they have been a victim of the fake tracking scam.  They said the delivery shows a pic of the label if the label had the wrong address im guessing that would have come up..

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 12 of 50
latest reply

I'm trying @FedExHelp this a.m. and getting no where.  They won't give my GPS coordinates.  The say the seller has to initiate a claim.  I'm stuck in the middle and can do nothing.  So frustrating.  I know usually that eBay sides with the Buyers and makes Sellers upset, but in this scenario siding with the Seller when the Buyer has no recourse with carrier, shipper or eBay is frustrating too.  Dang.

Next plan is to call of go over the an Authorized Fed Ex ship center and see IF they can help me.

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

Just curious.....how much did the item cost (total)? Was your total payment >$750?

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

240.00 plus tax.

Message 15 of 50
latest reply