cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a hand crafted urn!

I bought a urn, when I received it it was beautiful it came right on time! So I place my uncle's remains in the urn, and I placed it on my shelf when I did I noticed there was pieces of glass missing, (Mosaic glass handcrafted) not to mention the color differed from the description. I contacted the seller, and she said if I return in that she would give me a full refund, now like I said I had already placed my uncle's ashes in the urn ( I know there's laws and regulations about human remains) I told her that's not possible because I already placed my uncle's ashes in it and I ordered it in time for the memorial we were having in my uncle's honor! She is unwilling to work with me or even discount the item! I told her if the items are handmade they need to be better inspected before being shipped out. And I know the pieces did not fall out during shipping because the urn was in a bag and if they fell out during shipping they would have been in the bag and I could have just replaced them on to the urn! This is a memorial for a loved one wouldn't you think they would take better care of it!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: I bought a hand crafted urn!

I think you should have inspected it better before putting your Uncle's remains in it.  If you had a problem with it, you need to determine that before you put his ashes inside.  Then you could have returned for refund no problem.

I am sorry that the item wasn't as described, but you don't get to use, then claim item not described and as for money back. Doesn't work that way.  You are at fault as much or more as the seller.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Leave your seller with appropriate transaction feedback, poor quality inspection.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Legally I don't think you can return it due to laws governing the disposition of human remains.

Your seller did the right thing and offered a refund if you returned the urn. She was willing to work with you. That was before you informed her that your uncle's ashes were inside.  

Did you nicely ask the seller if she would be willing to send you a few pieces of the glass so you can attach them?

As to the color differing from the photo in the listing, everybody knows that colors appear different depending upon which type of device you are viewing it on.  Some cameras do not photograph all colors true to the naked eye and the eBay listing photo uploader distorts colors, especially by adding blue and gray tints which skews colors.  (My camera does not photograph yellow or gold well).   Colors appear different on my phone than on my desktop monitor.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Sorry OP but you are in the wrong here.

As stated above, the time for you to inspect the urn and be sure all was right with it was before you placed remains in it.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I'm one of those who thinks it was a happy accident. It gives your uncle character! Let it rest...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago are we talking? (delivery not the passing)

Certainly something as important as holding one's remains should have been inspected CAREFULLY upon delivery, prior to being used.

That being said the condition of it being flawed...is just like all of us are; In life and in death. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@wehug-86 wrote:

I bought a urn, when I received it it was beautiful it came right on time! So I place my uncle's remains in the urn, and I placed it on my shelf when I did I noticed there was pieces of glass missing, (Mosaic glass handcrafted) not to mention the color differed from the description. I contacted the seller, and she said if I return in that she would give me a full refund, now like I said I had already placed my uncle's ashes in the urn ( I know there's laws and regulations about human remains) I told her that's not possible because I already placed my uncle's ashes in it and I ordered it in time for the memorial we were having in my uncle's honor! She is unwilling to work with me or even discount the item! I told her if the items are handmade they need to be better inspected before being shipped out. And I know the pieces did not fall out during shipping because the urn was in a bag and if they fell out during shipping they would have been in the bag and I could have just replaced them on to the urn! This is a memorial for a loved one wouldn't you think they would take better care of it!

if it was beautiful when you received it and you chose to still stick your uncles ashes in it..then how did it now become the wrong color??????

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

It's not April fools day yet.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply