cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is it that in the year 2023 Ebay's search features are so fundamentally broken?

Just a short list of some of my many annoyances:

-The number of results shown at the top of the page never even remotely matches the number results that get shown

-Your sort order changes the number of results shown

-Zero consistency when bouncing back and forth between a basic and advanced search.  Examples:

--Selecting an item condition in a basic search does not remain pre-filled when going to advanced search

--Advanced Search doesn't include all condition options such as Open Box, and you never know if and when Open Box is going to be included as New in an actual search

-Zero consistency in which of your search modifiers remain selected when changing your search terms

-Zero consistency in when ebay automatically narrows your search to a specific listing category based on your search terms

- (new problem) - The GO arrow after the price range option just plain doesn't work.  If narrowing a price range by typing in numbers in the boxes, you then have to additionally click your mouse on one of the sliders

-More and more completely irrelevant results that show up even when I use search terms that should exclude those results

I could go on and on and on but those are just a few off the top of my head.  It is ridiculous that manually changing things in the URL address is more functional than using the corresponding features.  Using advanced search techniques to narrow my searches to very specifically what I'm looking for is becoming a more and more painfully tedious experience as the years go on.  I'm tired of ebay's search algorighms thinking they're smarter than I am when 9 times out of 10, they're not.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: How is it that in the year 2023 Ebay's search features are so fundamentally broken?

Unfortunately appropriately functioning search features apparently are not a high ebay priority 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply