cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

I left negative feedback for a truly bad seller. They asked and Ebay removed. Ebay did this without even knowing or understanding the circumstances. When does the buyer have rights? How can Ebay take away my right to leave a true and accurate feedback? Now I am being told that Ebay cannot repost the feedback. 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

Ebay doesn't just remove negative feedback solely because a seller asks them to. If that were the case every seller would have 100% positive feedback. They do remove it if it violates feedback rules or in certain other circumstances, such as the seller being a TRS and giving a refund. Without knowing the feedback's content or the circumstances under which it was left we have no way of knowing why it was removed.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

Without knowing the exact wording of your feedback, there's no way to tell you why it was removed.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

Did you happen to step outside of ebay's feedback guidelines?  Any mention of 'asked ebay to step in' or 'seller is a thief, crook', etc, would be grounds to have your feedback removed.  As the first two posters stated, we'd need more info to tell you why it was removed.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

@centeria123 

< Ebay did this without even knowing or understanding the circumstances >    

I think eBay did read the negative feedback, to confirm the seller's complaint.  Weren't your comments informative?  Did you not explain the very circumstances?  In your first 200 feedbacks left for others, three are negatives.  Those three are lengthy and informative.  I think one of them contains borderline pejoratives and might qualify for removal, if the seller tried.  But even that one is explanatory in its content. 

If you could provide the exact wording of your feedback that was removed, we might be able to tell you why it was deemed unacceptable, and help you to avoid doing it again, even unintentionally. 

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

What's to prove your feedback was 'true and accurate'?

What if you were just being vindictive or are a hard person to please/deal with? 

You would have to explain what happened for anyone to comment accurately. 

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

The seller sent me a broken damaged item. They originally refused to accept a return, until ebay got involved. They were rude, disrespectful, demeaning in all their responses. Today they sent me an email stating " do NOT buy from me again you lying old hag" What they should have done is just block me from their site. I sent pictures of the damaged item to the seller and they could clearly see the damage, from the pictures. Not being rude, but do you need more information?

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

if you mentioned in your feedback ANYTHING to do with 'getting ebay involved', that is grounds for automatic removal. 

Just as you mentioned, sounds like this 'seller' is impossible to deal with

There are Buyers out there just like that. 

Feedback really should just be abolished as it does nothing when buyers can 'only' get positive anyway. 

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

Yes, I have had mostly good and honest sellers. I have been on Ebay since 2005. I do not leave negative feedback unless I feel the seller is wrong and deserves it. I feel buyers should know when someone is doing wrong. I also feel that sellers have the right to leave negative feedback for Bad Buyer's. I try hard to follow Ebay guidelines and have done that since 2005. My comments were informative. I cannot provide the feedback at this time, but I know that I followed the guidelines. I am never rude or disrespectful and I always state the facts. This seller refused to send me a return label to return a broken brooch. I attempted to resolve the issue with the seller on numerous occasions. It was the seller who told me to get Ebay involved even stating to me "the sooner the better". Ebay got involved and sent me a label to return the damaged item. I sent pictures to the seller as well as Ebay of the damaged brooch.  The seller had already sent me several demeaning and derogatory emails going as far as to say that I damaged the item. I did not. It was a truly beautiful brooch and had it not been damaged, I would have added it to my collection happily.  I spoke with a supervisor today and was informed by Justin that Ebay removed the negative because the seller asked them to.  This is exactly what a supervisor from Ebay told me and I can only go by that. After I sent the brooch back per Ebay's instructions. Today I received an email from Ebay that they were sending me a refund. I also received another email from the seller stating, "do NOT ever buy from me again you lying old hag." I have purchased over 2510 items over the years and have never dealt with a seller like this before.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

No, I did not call the seller any names. I believe that I followed all of eBay's guidelines. I try always to be respectful and kind. I did ask Ebay to step in after the seller told me to get Ebay involved, stating, " the sooner the better."

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

Thank you very much, I appreciate that.

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

@centeria123 

< was informed by Justin that Ebay removed the negative because the seller asked them to >    

Yes, that's true, as far as it goes; the seller does have to ask them to, but all that means is that eBay doesn't just go in and start removing feedbacks on their own initiative.  But when the seller does ask, he must justify his request, and it has to be suitable justification, i.e., suitable by eBay's standards. 

These standards aren't always spelled out in the policy or even intuitive.  For example, any mention or reference to a case is basis for feedback removal, and sometimes the reference can be as faint as a whisper.  The policy says that "references to investigations" are not allowed, and that's the closest thing I can find at https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-misuse-policy?id=5030  

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

I spoke with a supervisor today named Justin and Justin told me that eBay removed the feedback because the seller asked them too. That is all I can go on. I was on the phone with a representative who told me the same thing. I didn't believe them, and I asked for a supervisor. I waited on the phone for over 45 minutes.  And that is what the supervisor told me. I have been on Ebay since 2005. I always try to follow all the rules and the guidelines. I do not know how to access feedback that has been removed so at this time I cannot provide it for you, but I always state the facts. I did not violate any feedback rules. 

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

Today they sent me an email stating " do NOT buy from me again you.....

@centeria123 

If that came through eBay Messages, and not your email client, you can report this right on the message page under the ACTION tab. 

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

Hi @centeria123  I'm sorry you ran into this seller.  They sound horrible.  Don't fret about the feedback.  It rolls off the front page and then ages off, anyway.  In the short term it may help to warn other buyers, but it's not what eBay considers when appraising a seller's standing.  eBay considers things like the seller fighting a return and making their buyer ask eBay to step in.  eBay does not like being asked to step in.  Don't think the seller walked away from this unscathed.  eBay has internal sanctions that are far harder on bad seller behavior than feedback.  Good luck!

Message 15 of 30
latest reply