cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

I left negative feedback for a truly bad seller. They asked and Ebay removed. Ebay did this without even knowing or understanding the circumstances. When does the buyer have rights? How can Ebay take away my right to leave a true and accurate feedback? Now I am being told that Ebay cannot repost the feedback. 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: FEEDBACK REMOVAL

@centeria123 wrote:

This seller refused to send me a return label to return a broken brooch. I attempted to resolve the issue with the seller on numerous occasions. It was the seller who told me to get Ebay involved even stating to me "the sooner the better". Ebay got involved and sent me a label to return the damaged item. 

Just to clarify, were you just asking them in a private message to send you a return label?  And what exactly did they tell you to do?  I cannot picture any reason a seller would tell a buyer to "get eBay involved."  -Do you mean they told you to start an official return VIA eBay, from your order page?  If so, that's exactly how returns are supposed to work.  It is in both the buyer's and seller's interests for the return to be "on the record".  

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Looking at your feedback left for sellers .... I just have to ask ..... how big of a room does it take to store THAT MANY brooches/pins????   🤣

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

@gosimus  @You really are a kindhearted soul!  Always sincere and willing to help in any circumstances, without snark or sarcasm.  

Thanks for always being here!

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Ok, if  you stated in your feedback that you asked ebay  to step in, that is probably why your feedback was removed.   Just trying to be clear here.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Thank you so much. That really helps and you are so right.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

I collect brooches. That is my hobby. That is my passion. I do not know if you are being facetious or what? It does not take a room to store them. I was simply asking for some help. You know you did not have to respond, right? Also, I contacted the seller through the contact seller link on Ebay. I did not use a private link. And as I stated previously, the seller told me to get Ebay involved and also stated the sooner the better. This seller was antagonistic from the time I requested the return label. Can you picture a seller saying to a buyer, "do NOT buy from me again you lying old hag." That was my latest email from the seller!  Some of the other members have given me really good advice, so I am good for now. No longer need your help.

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Thanks for the response. Have a good day.

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

I think there's been some misunderstandings, so I'm sorry.  First I love brooches too, more than any other jewelry.  I don't have a neck or fingers I'd want to draw attention to, can't stand to have something on my wrist, and my ears don't tolerate earrings like they used to for some reason.  I have several brooches and would probably have a lot more but I can't afford to keep the good ones I get.  Well maybe I'll wear extra beautiful ones once or twice, but then they have to earn my living, so they go on to good buyers like you.  My question was not facetious at all -I was impressed. 

About the interaction with the seller, again I must not have made myself clear so I apologize.  I wasn't implying that the seller didn't behave inappropriately. The "hag" comment was so atrocious I would actually report them, the way someone else here recommended.  

The reason I asked about how you requested the label and what they replied about it -that is important, not only for knowing what happened with this transaction but any future purchases where you're not satisfied with what you received.   So I will try again to help you understand.  I know eBay is kind of two-faced about buyer dissatisfaction, as in, they have phrasing about "Please reach out to the seller."  But to return an item that is not what the seller advertised, or arrived damaged, you do not need to write to the seller at all, in fact I don't recommend it. There is no way for them to "give" you a return label.  Well I guess it's possible but they would have to go to a lot of trouble and they probably wouldn't want to do that, since they won't be happy about having a return in the first place. 

All you really have to do is file a return, using the commands on your Purchases page.  I suspect what happened is when you wrote to this seller, they either didn't know how to communicate the procedure for returns, or they didn't want you to know how, so they just dismissed you and told you to contact eBay.  

But for future reference, here is what you do.  Go to your Purchases page, find the item you want to return.  On the right hand side, click 'More Actions' and from the pull-down menu, click 'Return This Item."  It will go to the next page where you select the reason you want to return, etc.  

C153C101-BF46-498F-B404-8DEB84092D32_1_201_a.jpeg

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@centeria123 wrote:

I contacted the seller through the contact seller link on Ebay. I did not use a private link. And as I stated previously, the seller told me to get Ebay involved and also stated the sooner the better.

Hi @centeria123 

Using the ‘Contact seller’ link would NOT have allowed the seller to send you a return shipping label.  A buyer has to open a formal Return Request in order for the seller to have access to the link that triggers the label.

That might have been what the seller was trying to tell you.  It’s hard to tell.

I’m very sorry for the unnecessary rudeness you experienced.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

@centeria123 wrote:

I left negative feedback for a truly bad seller. How can Ebay take away my right to leave a true and accurate feedback?

It would appear ebay regards feedback removal to be a right that ebay can exercise.

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

I think, having seen their posts before, that @gurlcat meant their post with the nicest of intentions. It was just their way of saying they noticed you like brooches and 'cool hobby'. 

Also noticed that your other neg feedbacks were indeed informative and constructive. 

I cannot come up with a scenario where 'do NOT buy from me again you lying old hag' is acceptable. Without knowing the exact wording of the deleted one, we can only speculate that, if the feedback was in line with your other neg feedbacks, that they fineagaled you into saying something they could claim was feedback extortion (saying you would leave neg feedback, set eBay on them etc) and used that to get eBay involved.

And yes, cool hobby!

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

I cannot come up with a scenario where 'do NOT buy from me again you lying old hag' is acceptable.

Oh, over the years I can LOL

But I certainly would never actually say it (except to myself).

And that's what the BBL is for, yes?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Considering how many times she said in this thread that she "had to get eBay involoved" I'm 99% sure she wrote that in her feedback, and that alone is a policy violation that merits removal.  She may have also written something like "the seller refused to give me a return label," which wouldn't even be true since a seller CAN'T "give" a return label, although I bet the seller was generally unhelpful in telling her how to do a return, because they didn't want a return.    

I guess she's not replying to this thread anymore, and doesn't appreciate anyone trying to help her understand what actually happened or why the feedback wasn't just removed as a favor to the seller.  I think one very likely factor is she hasn't done many returns, doesn't understand the difference between the various seller return policies, and general unfamiliarity with tech.  Put it this way, there aren't a lot of web-savvy 25-year-olds who collect brooches.

I would be curious to know what the "damage" was to the brooch in question.  In her most recent negative she left for a seller, what she describes is not even damage.  A loose rhinestone can be simply flipped back upright and have its' prongs tightened down, with zero know-how or tools; it's just obvious when you see it, needs only decent lighting, a tabletop and fingernails ... maybe tweezers at most.  Granted, if the stone appeared perfect in the listing photos then technically it's an INAD, but by golly I can understand why that seller would have resisted at least a little, like maybe tried to simply instruct her how to reset it.  And then when she insisted on returning it, the seller viewed it as a remorse return, told her to choose a return option that reflected that, and that's why she had to pay an "additional fee" (return shipping).  This is what I mean -she doesn't seem to know the correct procedures or terminology, and doesn't like being told either.  

Screen Shot 2023-11-13 at 12.26.59 AM.png

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

@centeria123 wrote:

I do not know how to access feedback that has been removed so at this time I cannot provide it for you, but I always state the facts. I did not violate any feedback rules. 

You can't see the feedback you left once it was removed but I'm sure you probably remember the gist of what you said. 

Since you said the seller told you to file with ebay, did your feedback refer to the fact that you had to have ebay step in to resolve the issue? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 30 of 30
latest reply