cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sent weird messages before payment was sent.

I made an offer to a seller a few nights ago before going to bed. Got up the next morning and saw that he had accepted it. I sent the payment right then, and I have confirmation of the payment. Then I checked my personal email account and saw multiple, identical messages from eBay saying, "There was a problem, your payment didn't go through, please send it again!" Sometimes there can be a delay, but to say, "send it again" doesn't make sense. Then I would have sent TWO payments. Also, the messages were sent to me on August 3rd after I made the offer, BEFORE I even made the payment the next morning on August 4. Weird.

Also, is it normal for messages FROM eBay to go to your personal email address, but not to your eBay email folder? None of these "problem, pay again" messages went to my eBay folder. Now I'm wondering if the messages from eBay saying, "problem, payment didn't go through, send it again" were part of an outside of eBay scam? The messages do show the item in question though and look authentic.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0