cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay seller from Japan sent me a broken video game console when he or she claimed it was working.

They now want me to send it back but my printer isn't working and I don't have any friends close by or neighbors that will allow me to use my printer. What am I suppose to do? If this seller took 5 minutes to test the console before sending it all the way to the USA then we wouldn't even be having this discussion. He/she sent me a broken console and now it's giving me a headache. I'm coming very close to contacting the credit card company and reporting this seller for fraud. Why am I stuck with a headache if seller can't even be an honest seller and not sell broken consoles? Also, I know for a fact 100 percent that the console didn't break during shipping. How do I know this? Well on this particular video game console you can take the casing off it very easy by unscrewing a couple of screws. When I seen in the console appears to be batter leakage or some gray clay on the component parts that is not suppose to be there. Which makes me assume it's batter leakage.

I also don't drive so if FEDEX printed out shipping labels well that's not going to work either. Seller said he or she would have FEDEX pick it up. Now this person from Japan is ignoring my ebay emails. And if he or she does not get in contact with me today during regular Japan hours. I will report this to the credit card company as fraud. I shouldn't be the one stuck with a headache because this seller sent a broken console from thousands of miles away and this console didn't break during shipping. It was already broken before he/she shipped it obviously.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Ebay seller from Japan sent me a broken video game console when he or she claimed it was working

Unless that sellers account was taken over by someone else, you can tell by that sellers feedback that they do NOT purposely 'sell and ship' broken items. From that same feedback, looks like they DO test items as well as buy items to resell. With that; doubt that they did it on purpose, and if you can't drive and continue to 'purchase' online, your next purchase should be a working printer because things like this happen.

Sellers are NOT at fault when a buyer buys, wants a return, seller 'provides' a shipping label and for reasons beyond that sellers control, you cannot use that label. Seller has done all they can do for you. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Re: Ebay seller from Japan sent me a broken video game console when he or she claimed it was working

No the buyer is not at fault when someone sends a broken console they clearly did not test. I will report for fraud if Ebay does not help me out. We are not buying a broken console. Also my Father is not wasting gas money because some clown sent me a broken console. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

The person was trying to explain something to you and you refused to listen. If you wanted something that for sure worked go to the store instead of buying online for a cheap price. Either return it or zip it.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Save the label as a .pdf file and load it in to a memory stick. You can then print it as a photo at Walmart or Walgreens or many such stores.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@klitschk-70 wrote:

...........Also my Father is not wasting gas money because some clown sent me a broken console......

So now there IS someone that can take you to the local Fedex to get that label printed and send it back??

Walmart doesn't give you GAS MONEY when you drive back to return something either. Just the way of the world. 

Seller did what they are required to do. 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

No honor from the culture that once had honor. Sending me broken junk in the mail. Americanized that once beautiful Country.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Not very honorable doing a credit card chargeback when you can ship it back like you're supposed to but are refusing. Sad!

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

You are required to return if the seller provides a return label, which they did. Now go to the library or Kinkos or somewhere you can print the label and return it. Jeeze,,,,,

And another thing is you shouldn't  be opening the chassis because that looks like you attempted to repair it or to find out what's wrong with it, and that is supposed to make it ineligible to return it if the seller knew that. That's altering it. You're supposed to return it exactly how you received it, not taken it apart.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

baby dummy.jpg

and I don't have any friends close by or neighbors that will allow me to use my printer.

Your public library has computers and printers.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

When my internet when down for several days after a storm,    I simply 

went to the local library,  logged into their free computer with free internet access,  

logged into ebay,  and conducted my business.

There was a printer right there for me to print up labels and all that for 10 cents per page.

It seems the OP prefers to keep the item and still get a refund.  

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@klitschk-70 wrote:

No the buyer is not at fault when someone sends a broken console they clearly did not test. I will report for fraud if Ebay does not help me out. We are not buying a broken console. Also my Father is not wasting gas money because some clown sent me a broken console. Nice that Japan has been Americanized to be conmen like the USA. I was always raised to believe Japan had honor and now Japan is just as awful as the USA. I don't know why Japan allowed USA to colonize their Country for the most part and Americanize them. Did they forget what this government did in Hiroshima? This government is evil. And to use the excuse that it was to avenge Pearl Harbor is **bleep** because those civilians had nothing to do with the Japanese Military attacking only a couple thousand people that signed up for the military at Pearl Harbor. The US government took the lives of over hundreds of thousands of innocent Japanese people that had nothing to do with Pearl Harbor. So why is Japan now the b-word of the USA and why are these people just as disgusting as many of the creeps in our Country? Japan should not be an ally of the USA. No Country should be an ally of this sicko Country.

@klitschk-70 

I can understand your frustration in receiving a nonworking item that you have to return.  [We’ve all been there.]

What I don’t understand is why you spent 80% of a lengthy post trashing the US and Japan as ‘evil’ and ‘disgusting’.  You seem to be asking for the kind of help that eBay volunteers aren’t equipped to provide.  I hope your distress passes soon.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@klitschk-70 

Your return label should also has a QR code.  Take the package and code to the post office.  They will scan the QR code and print a shipping label for the package for you.

You can have everything done at the post office 🙂

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I know how kids and seniors or grandparents can be

my grandmom used to ask me about washing windows or pulling weeds and I knew for sure it woud never happen

on the other hand many youngsters woud say. thats all you want me to do is "get that printed for you"

kids today do not look at a simple print  job as a stumbling block the way seniors do

@femmefan1946 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

You can't get a friend , neighbor, family member to drive to the library to print the label?  You can't have one of them print it?   The library can get it printed for you.  It costs 10 cents a page.    The one thing that you can NOT do is keep the item and request a refund.  A chargeback would be dishonest if you keep the item. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply