cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay, global selling shipping and Amazon

My last three Amazon orders shipped and were received from 18 HOURS to 3 days.  Ebay?  With global shipping out of the U.S. they average TEN days.  Enough said. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If another venue has everything you need and the price you want with super fast shipping to Canada,  you are all set.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Amazon has its own warehouses and own shipping vehicles.

eBay has neither of those.  Once a seller puts your package in the mail, he has no control over how the shipping goes. If an international shipping goes out from the US, it usually pauses at the EIS location first and that can take some time.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Amazon does not ship via USPS or Canada Post.

Amazon will ship to Canada from Canadian Warehouses for many items. Amazon also might not cost you any duty.

If you are dealing buying from Amazon or an FBA seller, there are many differences from dealing with an Ebay seller. But sometimes, your order will ship from the US and Amazon uses freight consolidation for International Orders, delivery times will vary and may equal or exceed EIS shipping times.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Good for you, my last Amazon order didn't even ship for 2 weeks.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Totally depends on what you buy and if you have a membership for 'faster' shipping.

On Amazon-Try "Corvette Engine Chrome" and see dates, from the US to the US of Mar 27 to Apr 5

On Amazon-Try "GE Refrigerator circuit board" and see dates 7-10 days out (great for those with a broken refrigerator!!)

On Amazon- Try 'Aluminum Polish" and see dates 6-9 days out (and it took 8 days to get to me)

Moral of this story: Amazon is NOT always the fastest. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply