cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay allows Amazon shipments? Never received item

I purchased an Item.  The Seller put a fake USPS tracking number.  I opened an Item Not Recieved case.  The seller said "oh sorry that was the wrong tracking number that I uploaded" .  He then put a link to an amazon tracking, escalated and won the case.  

Here I am still without the item, and he took my $20.  The seller claims to be in the US, but paypal says NON-US verified.  Not sure what is going on.  But if I wanted to buy on Amazon, I'll just go to Amazon.

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Many Ebay sellers drop ship from Amazon, using Prime, and it is allowed..if the seller won the case, he had to have provided a tracking number that showed delivery to you.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 82
latest reply

I don't purposely buy from Amazon but I recently bought a blanket from an ebay seller and had it shipped to my mom at the nursing home.  I bought it on a Saturday and it was delivered on Monday~~2 days later.  I won't complain if any seller I purchase from ships through Amazon.  It's fine with me.

What does the tracking number the seller provide state?  Does it show as delivered to your zip code?  If so I might start looking for a package thief in my neighborhood.  I hear there is a real problem everywhere with package thieves.

Message 3 of 82
latest reply

When I contacted the seller, he told me that he was using a "private" service.  When I asked him what state it was coming from he said Indiana.

He then added USPS tracking number that showed delivered to a different town (also a day before I made the purchase)

I opened a case with ebay, The seller then put a different (amazon) tracking number that showed delievered.  (and it didn't come from Indiana, it doesnt even say what state...just a town)

He then escalated it to ebay.

This is the first problem I've had with packages not arriving.  I've bought many items from amazon that arrived with no problem.

I'm not sure why ebay allows sellers to lie.  Just tell me you are a drop shipper.  The end.  It doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies when a seller lies.

Message 4 of 82
latest reply

Ebay has no way to know he is using AMZN to dropship.
You can file dispute with Paypal but if his tracking number is valid and shown delivered to your zipcode,you will lose.
File chargeback with your cc issuer,tell them you never receive the item.
if his tracking just showed delivered to your zipcode and not your home address, your cc issuer should side with you.
Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 5 of 82
latest reply

No tracking shows delivered to your home address, unless you are talking about signature confirmation. Delivery confirmation says 'left in a mail box', with your zip code.And op, your pkg could very well have been stolen, Ive had two stolen from my front porch. My mail person now leaves pkgs on my closed in back porch.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 82
latest reply

And Op. no seller is required to say he is drop shipping, or to reveal the source of his items, that is not 'lying'.

Message 7 of 82
latest reply

Packages do get stolen off porches. The seller corrected his mistake and uploaded the correct tracking number. Have a neighbor or family member pick up your packages if you're not going to home. 

Message 8 of 82
latest reply

1) Telling a customer that an Item is coming from Indiana (when indeed the seller has no idea where the item will come from) is a lie. 

2) Uploading a recycled USPS tracking number is lying

3) Claiming to be located in the US (New Jersey to be exact) on ebay and NON-US Verified on paypal is lying (Either you are in the USA or you are NOT, you cannot be both)

Look, I used to be a Top Rated Powerseller a few years ago... I can smell a scam a mile away (Be it the seller or the buyer)  But if you are wondering why your store isn't doing well, its becuase consumers don't trust ebay.  Things have really taken a turn for the worst here.  I'm glad I got out when I did, and sorry that I have looked back. 

Message 9 of 82
latest reply

Message 10 of 82
latest reply

The blanket I ordered for my mom was from a seller--I think in New York.  The blanket was actually shipped by Amazon from Kenosha, WI.  It is VERY easy for a seller to get mixed up on where an item was actually shipped from when using Amazon.  If he sold multiples of the item you purchased it was also easy for him to get mixed up.  He corrected it, It appears it was delivered to you.  The sellers obligation ended when it shows as delivered to you.  BTW--it very well could have been delivered on a Sunday when nobody was home??  Look for the neighborhood package thief.

Message 11 of 82
latest reply

or they never received it? if the seller is that easily 'mixed up', maybe the sent it to the wrong house!

Message 12 of 82
latest reply

I was at home.....All day long. It was Sunday!
Shipped out on Saturday, Delivered on Sunday (according to the amazon tracking he showed me days later)
Message 13 of 82
latest reply

@kattinsanitywrote:

The blanket I ordered for my mom was from a seller--I think in New York.  The blanket was actually shipped by Amazon from Kenosha, WI.  It is VERY easy for a seller to get mixed up on where an item was actually shipped from when using Amazon. 

And the seller has no control over where Amazon ships from. Amazon has a network of warehouses all over the country, and where it ships from depends on what is ordered and proximity to the buyer.

Message 14 of 82
latest reply

@rainbowpearls2314wrote:

The seller claims to be in the US, but paypal says NON-US verified.  Not sure what is going on. 

If the seller is dropshipping from Amazon, it makes no practical difference. Discrepancies between seller location and item location are important with regard to where the item will be sent in case a return is necessary. In this case, the item is located in the U.S. and returns would be processed in the U.S.  through Amazon.

But if I wanted to buy on Amazon, I'll just go to Amazon.

So why didn't you, then? It seems that you could have gotten the item much cheaper if you had done some comparison shopping.

In any event, this had absolutely nothing to do with the package being stolen off of your porch.

Message 15 of 82
latest reply