cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-bay wont help with item missing parts or allow neutral feedback on seller.

I bought a face kit for my microwave. $98.00. When I received it I noticed that it didn't fit so I tried to return it. The seller refused to return so I decided to resell it. As I went through the package I realized it was missing instructions, a rail and all the hardware. This was advertised as an open box which means it should all be there. It wasn't. I contacted the seller several times with no response. I then contacted e-bay and was told since my first reason for return was it didn't fit, there wasn't anything they could do and seller had a right to refuse. I tried to leave neutral feedback about this experience and at the request of the seller, e-bay pulled my feedback.  So I guess I'm just screwed and out $100.00 with no recourse. 17 years on e-bay with 100 percent positive feedback and and a high seller rating and this is the thanks I get.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: E-bay wont help with item missing parts or allow neutral feedback on seller.

In this case I think your only recourse is to go to your payment source to file a dispute.

Unfortunately ebay sees every "doesn't fit" reason for return as a remorse return.

You should have filed missing parts or not as described instead. (for future reference)

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: E-bay wont help with item missing parts or allow neutral feedback on seller.

I'm sorry for your situation but everyone here is treated the same. A buyer has one opportunity to open a return case. You chose a remorse reason, which the seller is allowed to refuse, so case closed. No one can then turn around and get a second opportunity to open yet another return case for a different reason. Literally everyone would be doing so and there would be countless returns. Lesson learned for the future. Hopefully you can still sell this item as someone may still be interested in it for a lesser amount. Best of luck to you....

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Further

I noticed that it didn't fit... I realized it was missing instructions, a rail and all the hardware. 

It's also possible that since you tried to install it, unsuccessfully, that the complaint would be refused because it was no longer what was sent.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

never tried to install. Just picked it up to sea if it was the same. Couldn't install it if I wanted to vital parts are missing.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

If you paid through Pay Pal, open a not as described case with them.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I think a persons history and feedback say a lot about the persons character. In fact many sellers are reluctant to accept bids from someone with low feedback. Were not all treated the same.  I'm at 2965 , 100 percent positive. Not likely one of those people your referring to.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

And I refuse to sell something that isn't all there and useable.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

" Were not all treated the same.  I'm at 2965 , 100 percent positive. Not likely one of those people your referring to."

Sense of entitlement or not,  the rules are the same for everybody.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@vicspics wrote:

In fact many sellers are reluctant to accept bids from someone with low feedback.

Not accurate. Sellers can't block someone just because they have low feedback and if they cancel a sale because of the feedback count, the seller gets an account ding. 

The only limit a seller can set when a buyer has low feedback is to set a limit on the number of purchases the buyer can make within a certain number of days. 

But again, sellers CANNOT block nor require low or no feedback buyers to get approval. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

In this case I think your only recourse is to go to your payment source to file a dispute.

Unfortunately ebay sees every "doesn't fit" reason for return as a remorse return.

You should have filed missing parts or not as described instead. (for future reference)

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

lesson learned. thanks

Message 11 of 11
latest reply