cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Auctions work better than Buy It Now in this SLOW Buyers Market

Being a small vendor.. I have never seen it this SLOW and I seldom to never use Auction.. Any stats on which is better in current downturn ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Do Auctions work better than Buy It Now in this SLOW Buyers Market

@gooddeal-4-u-2,

Your issues may have more to do with search visibility, than lack of buyers.  You sell in a very crowded category, and because of your low sales volume, your listings will be 2-3 pages or further back until the last day of their run for people searching using Best Match.  In your case I do not think auctions will help you.  There is too great a chance of selling with very few bids.

What might increase your sales, is to run your items for 10 -14 days at the most, they will show up more often on the first few results pages that way. 

You also need to get a fabric tape measure or two, with large numbers, from a fabric store, and use them in your photos.  Also add those measurements in the written description.  Manufacturers given sizes are often larger or smaller to size than other brands. So actual measurements can be what seals the deal.  I see in a few of your listings that you do not include the brand name in your titles.  Many people do not go past the item title and first photo when searching on ebay, including the brand or designer's name in the title, may get you more watchers, views, and possibly buyers.  Good Luck.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

In my opinion, it is the type of item being offered that determines the most appropriate listing style.  Of course, without interested people buyers don't buy and don't sell regardless of the selling format.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I'd challenge the basic assumption.

One of my product lines is discount mint* postage. Most of my buyers are eBay sellers. Sales are steady through strong and when I send out a list to previous buyers, I spend the next few days shipping like crazy.

Whether they are preparing for a busy fall season, or having a busy summer, they are shipping.

*Canadian. 25% off face, free shipping.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@gooddeal-4-u-2,

Your issues may have more to do with search visibility, than lack of buyers.  You sell in a very crowded category, and because of your low sales volume, your listings will be 2-3 pages or further back until the last day of their run for people searching using Best Match.  In your case I do not think auctions will help you.  There is too great a chance of selling with very few bids.

What might increase your sales, is to run your items for 10 -14 days at the most, they will show up more often on the first few results pages that way. 

You also need to get a fabric tape measure or two, with large numbers, from a fabric store, and use them in your photos.  Also add those measurements in the written description.  Manufacturers given sizes are often larger or smaller to size than other brands. So actual measurements can be what seals the deal.  I see in a few of your listings that you do not include the brand name in your titles.  Many people do not go past the item title and first photo when searching on ebay, including the brand or designer's name in the title, may get you more watchers, views, and possibly buyers.  Good Luck.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply