cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service after rhe sell

I bought a case for my cell phone, a few months afterwards the kick stand on the back broke. I contacted the seller and asked if I could get a replacement or if they khew whom I would need to contact about it. All they keep telling me is, its been to long after the sell and I can only buy another case, and no other help of any kind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suffice it to say that if Service after th Sell is imortant,

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

service after rhe sell

Sorry this happened to you.

This seller is based in China and has 145 neutrals and 108 negatives out of over 27,895 transactions.  Did you check to see where your seller was based and read these comments?  Possibly you did and decided you were comfortable with them.  

They sell very low priced goods, your item was $6.95.  The item worked for awhile.  

Sometimes too good to be true is just that.  It is past the ebay deadline to file a case.  You could try Paypal or your credit card company, but I don't think that is a good idea being the item was $6.95.  You don't want to make a habit of doing that as neither entity will appreciate your using them to mitigate your buying decision.  Just a thought.  Good Luck.  

You could just buy another case from someone else.  If service after the sale is important to you, you may need to be prepared to buy at a higher price, from a US seller, or buy locally.  Just some thoughts.  

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

service after rhe sell

How long would you expect a small seller, that is NOT a big box store, to warranty that case?

Most sellers here are small. Just normal people- they don't offer warranties. 

China seller are NOT going to offer a warranty but neither will US sellers..

How could anyone know if it was misuse that broke the item?  

You have 30 days to file an INAD case but if the case arrived intact it was as described..

Sorry. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

service after rhe sell

Sorry but this is NOT a valid SNAD case. I wouldn't bother filing with PayPal, you would have to return the item to CHINA with tracking which will be a minimum of $60. If you wanted a warranty you should have bought from an actual retailer not an eBay seller. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

service after rhe sell

I hate repeating myself on these boards.

QUIT BUYING FROM CHINA. It rarely ends well.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

service after rhe sell

Its import to add that paypal buyer protection is NOT a product warranty and does not cover items that break after months of use. The paypal UA outlines what is covered and your situation is NOT covered: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#purchase-protection

Nor is the seller responsible. They owe you nothing. Buy a new case. Contact the manufacturer and ask them to stand by their product.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

service after rhe sell

I'm a little confused. 😵 I thought the OP meant that she wished to purchase a new case like the one that broke and contacted the seller regarding purchasing a replacement from them, or if they didn't have it in stock, to help locate another supplier. Guess I just misread! 😳 LOL!

Belle
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

service after rhe sell

@southernfriedbelle wrote:

I'm a little confused. 😵 I thought the OP meant that she wished to purchase a new case like the one that broke and contacted the seller regarding purchasing a replacement from them, or if they didn't have it in stock, to help locate another supplier. Guess I just misread! 😳 LOL!

The way I read it, she wants a FREE replacement....like a warranty replacement. She does not want to buy a new case, she wanted either the seller or the manufacturer to give her a replacement.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

service after rhe sell

Well, her failure to say otherwise seems to support your interpretation! I'm just surprised that I read it the other way, because I'm usually the first to be skeptical and suspicious! Guess I'm just tired. Hard day at work... Completely knocked out my Spidey Sensor! 😨 

Belle
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

service after rhe sell

@southernfriedbelle,

When you've read as many topics as missjen316 and others have, you can pretty much correctly guess what a member really means, even if their post is incomplete or confusing. Though admittedly, being tired, just waking up, and other factors can skew how a topic is interpreted.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

service after rhe sell

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@southernfriedbelle,

When you've read as many topics as missjen316 and others have, you can pretty much correctly guess what a member really means, even if their post is incomplete or confusing. Though admittedly, being tired, just waking up, and other factors can skew how a topic is interpreted.

Yes, apparently so! 😆 LOL!!

Belle
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

service after rhe sell

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@southernfriedbelle,

Very true and even members who have been around as long as MissJen miss the mark sometimes! I tend to misread and misunderstand when I've first woken up & haven't finished my coffee yet! 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

service after rhe sell

@missjen316 wrote:

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@southernfriedbelle,

Very true and even members who have been around as long as MissJen miss the mark sometimes! I tend to misread and misunderstand when I've first woken up & haven't finished my coffee yet! 

Ah, yes. If not for coffee, where would we be? 

Belle
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

service after rhe sell

Assuming by your post, OP, you want the seller to replace the cell phone case that was broken after being in service for several months.  Unfortunately, I don't believe the situation would fall under eBay's MBG since the item didn't arrive broken and was actually in service for a period of time.  I don't believe there are many sellers of phone cases that offer such a guarantee.

Of course, if your post actually means that you are looking to purchase a replacement it would be a different matter, but frankly, I'd be a bit leery of buying another if the thing became non-serviceable after merely a few months.

I've seen the use and abuse my daughter and grandkids put iPhones & iPads through and I'm not sure how their devices hold up as well as they do, not even considering the case.  

I might agree that the seller's service after the sale was poor if the item arrived broken and they failed to address the issue, but I'm not sure I could say the same in the case of the item being used for several months before breaking.  At least, not without knowing how the item was used during its time in service.  Usually items designed for light to medium use don't hold up to heavy use as well as those designed forsuch use.  Alas!  Those types of items usually cost more than the light or medium duty ones.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

service after rhe sell

@gastronome001 wrote:

I bought a case for my cell phone, a few months afterwards the kick stand on the back broke. I contacted the seller and asked if I could get a replacement

Now THAT is funny. I spit on my computer, thanks alot.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply