cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese Sellers Getting Worse?

I have ordered a lot from China over the years and have had problems here and there. I don't mind waiting a month to get certain things and plan accordingly. But, I have not had as many problems as I have in the past year. I would say about 90% of my orders are either incorrect (completely different than the description/images, or wrong item) or never arrive. I have noticed many sellers have extended the delivery estimate out months after the purchase date to prevent you from filing claims with them (does ebay even have a limit on that?) I have had sellers offer to resend "lost" items that they never resend, then it is too late to file a claim or leave negative feedback.

I have started filing claims and leaving negatives all the time as soon as something is wrong which I hate doing. I usually like to give people the benefit of the doubt or a positive if they fix my issue.

I want to believe most of these people are just doing their best and things are getting lost here and there but more sellers I've dealt with overseas have been shady than not at this point. And, it's only on ebay. I am wondering if things have gotten worse for others or if I am just having bad luck.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Chinese Sellers Getting Worse?

yeah...use the MBG to many times to your banned from using it...what the right thing too do is ban the sellers that have to many filed against them which they don't with the Chinese sellers.....the best advice is not to buy from those big box sellers that sell everything at extremely cheap prices..but smaller Chinese sellers that only specialized in a few items.thats what iv'e done over the years and have never had a bad transaction with them.
Message 16 of 39
latest reply

There are many threads attesting to this.

When buying internationally from China, these issues are not uncommon.

Some adjust their buying habits accordingly.

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

I try to avoid listings from China and I fault eBay for not screening them properly. I select US only in advanced settings but more and more the sellers pretend to be form US and it makes me crazy! When I see the message to My Dear Friend I want to scream. I do not want to discriminate against billions of Chinese people by all means..ONLY the creeps who sell on eBay and make false claims. My experience has been 100% negative.
Message 18 of 39
latest reply

I had not read your post and the Dear Friend or Hello Friend makes me insane too!!
Message 19 of 39
latest reply

To answer your question: Yes they are and what's even worse is Ebay is supporting them. I buy a lot from Chinese sellers (jewelry making components and the like). I recently bought multiple items from this one seller. When the package arrived there was a list on the outside of what was in the package. That was crossed off with another list put on that had certain items checked off. Those are the items I received. More than half the order was missing. I contacted the seller who wanted a list of the items missing. I sent it to him. He then asked for a copy of the bag. I sent it to him. He then said the other package was on its way. He must've realized it wasn't and told me he'd give me a refund and did I know the total. I told him it was $24. Next he said he has confirmation the original package was delivered. We both agreed it was. After time passed I put it in Ebays hands, who in five minutes said the package was delivered and the case was closed. Really? I have over 4600 100% positive feedback purchases and the seller was right? I've been with ebay since 1999. Guess what...not anymore. I got taken by a seller in India as well. I chalked that up to "Maybe I should have known better". I've already posted on Facebook looking for alternatives to ebay. I too am low income. $24 to me is like $240 to someone else. Goodbye ebay..........

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

@vacogi54 wrote:

To answer your question: Yes they are and what's even worse is Ebay is supporting them. I buy a lot from Chinese sellers (jewelry making components and the like). I recently bought multiple items from this one seller. When the package arrived there was a list on the outside of what was in the package. That was crossed off with another list put on that had certain items checked off. Those are the items I received. More than half the order was missing. I contacted the seller who wanted a list of the items missing. I sent it to him. He then asked for a copy of the bag. I sent it to him. He then said the other package was on its way. He must've realized it wasn't and told me he'd give me a refund and did I know the total. I told him it was $24. Next he said he has confirmation the original package was delivered. We both agreed it was. After time passed I put it in Ebays hands, who in five minutes said the package was delivered and the case was closed. Really? I have over 4600 100% positive feedback purchases and the seller was right? I've been with ebay since 1999. Guess what...not anymore. I got taken by a seller in India as well. I chalked that up to "Maybe I should have known better". I've already posted on Facebook looking for alternatives to ebay. I too am low income. $24 to me is like $240 to someone else. Goodbye ebay..........

Sorry for your loss, but it seems you opened the wrong case.  You opened item not received, and since the tracking showed delivery, you DID receive something, so the seller won the case.  

You should have opened an item not as described case because what you received was not entirely what you bought, the order was incomplete.  You might have had to return what  you did receive, but the seller would have been required to send you funds for shipping, and if they did not, you could escalate to Ebay.

Wherever you buy, please, for your own protection, familiarize yourself with the Buyer Protection policies and how they work as this could happen again, anywhere, if you don't know how or what to file.

Good luck to you.

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

I don't know when this happened, but you have 180 days to file a claim with Paypal.  Failing that, if you paid with your credit card, they may be able to help you.

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

The Chinese are tricksters. They don't have the moral scruples that we Westerners do giving the "benefit of the doubt." They prey on the White Mans understanding.
Message 23 of 39
latest reply

For the money you are out from Chinese scammers you could have bought from a legitimate seller.

First thing I do on a search is block listings from outside North America

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

Many of us do, but that doesn't block the savvy Chinese seller who rents a PO box and uses that as his 'warehouse' in the US. Weeding them out is like trying to get rid of dandelions; as soon as you pull one, 5 more spring up, and you have to drill down several layers to identify them.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 25 of 39
latest reply

I think Ebay is partially to blame.  Their policies seem to favor the seller, whereas Amazon and Walmart seem to want to protect the consumer more.  Too many reasons for blocking buyer feedback on Ebay.  I hope Ebay goes bankrupt because of Amazon and Walmart.  I've actually found allot of stuff on Walmart lately that i used to buy on Ebay👍

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

Please post the site!😁
Message 27 of 39
latest reply

Stuff I buy from the Chinese are things that if I do not get I will be out nothing I can not afford to lose.  I buy their doll room kits, and small electronic kits or parts.  So far I have not had a problem, I just make sure if I do I will not be out much. 

I never combine orders from the same seller.  If they sell 3 kits I want,  I will buy one kit and after I get the email saying it has been sent I wait another day and order the next one, then rense and repeat.  This way if an order is lost/not sent I am not out the total I would have been if I had ordered all 3 kits on the same order.

And please people NEVER order batterys from listing such as  18650 9800mAh batterys  8 for $9.73 (current listing I just looked at for 😎 .  No leget 18650 has a 9800 mAh rating and are you really going to get 8 for $9.73 no matter the real mAh rating. 

My adviese is to never order batterys from China, to few are the real mAh rating.

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

my bad. seller on above post is only selling one for that price not 8.  Still his stated mAh rating in false. No legit 18650 has a 9800mAh rating.  Check the comment of people that bought his batterys, not good.

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

wrote:

I do not mind waiting but yes packages are always late. But some more than others. I hate their excuses of bad weather, custom problems, etc. There are three things that get to me the most. 

1.) they start of by saying "Hello Friend" like we are not friends dont call me that. 

2.) almost always if you contact them once the estimated time of delivery has passed and tell them you haven't received the item, they always make you wait an extra week. No matter what. They always make you wait. 

3.) they ask you to call or go to the local post office. 

eBay really needs to update their policies in regards to people selling from other countries. 

They also like to call you, Dear.  

Message 30 of 39
latest reply