cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change feedback

Just now, I accidentally left positive feedback for a seller when I meant to leave negative feedback for the seller.

Apparently, Ebay in it's infinite wisdom, can change neg feedback to pos, but will NOT allow a pos feedback to neg. What the heck??? Apparently the truth is not allowed at Ebay. I'm trying to help my fellow Ebayers, but Ebay will not allow the change after my mistake to ensure that the truth remains HIDDEN.

Does this not completely anger anyone else????? Absolutely terrible.

Get a grip Ebay and teach your customer service reps how to do CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Can't change feedback

It can be frustrating.
Message 2 of 46
latest reply

It's just wrong! Ebay has purposely programmed feedback this way, and it's wrong and controlling.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

You can still cause the seller to receive a defect from eBay for whatever the seller did wrong if it was very bad.

Also, you can get your money back if the item was not as described and the seller will have to pay the cost of shipping if the seller wants the item back. 

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

This was your mistake. Why blame ebay for that? Yes, it can be frustrating. But I always check before leaving feedback.

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

@phanoto wrote:

You can still cause the seller to receive a defect from eBay for whatever the seller did wrong if it was very bad.

Only the seller can give himself a defect. Let's not lie to OPs who are already frustrated. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 46
latest reply

@phanoto

The buyer is angered because they made a purchase error.

The seller does not deserve bad feedback for the "buyer's" actions. This is one situation where the eBay policy on changing feedback is a good thing.

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

@lmarty18 wrote:

Just now, I accidentally left positive feedback for a seller when I meant to leave negative feedback for the seller.

Apparently, Ebay in it's infinite wisdom, can change neg feedback to pos, but will NOT allow a pos feedback to neg. What the heck??? Apparently the truth is not allowed at Ebay. I'm trying to help my fellow Ebayers, but Ebay will not allow the change after my mistake to ensure that the truth remains HIDDEN.

Get a grip Ebay and teach your customer service reps how to do CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Very few things completely anger me. This wouldn't even come close. 

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

@takikawa4 wrote:

This was your mistake. Why blame ebay for that? Yes, it can be frustrating. But I always check before leaving feedback.

I agree and I do, too.  Once you hit that button, it sticks, so just be sure that what you post is right before you do it and you will be fine.

There is a warning when you post feedback that it cannot be edited or taken back.  It's not Ebay's fault.  

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

@lmarty18 wrote:

Sorry you are so upset but truth IS allowed at ebay, you just have to be careful to post feedback that says what you want to say.

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

I would just figure that, knowing the rules, I made a mistake that can't be corrected.  My fault, no one else's.  So no one has a responsibility to fix what I did wrong, since that warning is on the page and states that you cannot edit or take back feedback, and that makes me, and others, be very careful before hitting the button to submit and post feedback.

But that is me.

Just be very careful before you pull the trigger on feedback, so you are sure it is what you want to say, and you won't be angry or have this issue again.

Good Luck to you.

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@phanoto

The buyer is angered because they made a purchase error.

The seller does not deserve bad feedback for the "buyer's" actions. This is one situation where the eBay policy on changing feedback is a good thing.

@phanoto

and other readers:

Please disregard my post. My apologies.  Had a different buyer in my head.

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

@lmarty18 wrote:

It's just wrong! Ebay has purposely programmed feedback this way, and it's wrong and controlling.

With all due respect, I beg to differ.  It isn't wrong and controlling.  They expect you to take personal responsibility for what you post,  and to be careful not to make errors, just like you would for your purchases or anything in life.

Sorry but it really isn't Ebay's fault that the OP made a mistake and posted incorrect feedback. 

Wishing you both the best.  

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@lmarty18 wrote:

Very few things completely anger me. This wouldn't even come close. 

Ditto.  I might be mildly annoyed with myself...but...

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

@lmarty18 wrote:

It's as simple as this;

you had the chance to neg the seller, and you blew it.

The mistake is all yours.

Message 15 of 46
latest reply