cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a seller leave a negative comment to a buyer in reply to a negative FB left by the buyer?

The title pretty well covers it, but the better question may be, can a seller leave a buyer a negative comment anywhere in feedback? Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Can a seller leave a negative comment to a buyer in reply to a negative FB left by the buyer?

Even *if* you had left positive feedback for your purchases that went well, the number of negative feedback you left with both accounts, relative to the number you received, and therefore a rough estimate of your total transactions throws up red flags:

Either you don’t check the sellers’ feedback and willingly purchase from sellers with a bad track record

Maybe you don’t read item descriptions carefully and have unrealistic expectations for the items you purchase

Or you are just impossible to please.

Considering that you mentioned you don’t feel good transactions deserve positive feedback because they are the norm, I would err for the 3rd option.

Do you also not thank people in real life because being decent is to be expected?

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 46 of 56
latest reply

Re: Can a seller leave a negative comment to a buyer in reply to a negative FB left by the buyer?

@johus_bucmir wrote:

How is it bad luck? If you all don't have sense enough to figure the good sellers into the equation, I can't help you.

Most seasoned sellers would see why your accusations ere, sorry most of you could not.

It funny, it's always the mid level sellers here that throw out the unwarranted accusations....they know just enough to get themselves into trouble.

You're absolute credulity simply amazes me. It's interesting how you use the term "equation". Not that I made a career of it but I went back and looked at the negative feedback you have left for sellers, and some of those sellers have a high volume of transactions, and you are the only one (or two) of the negative feedbacks they have ever received. And yes, the fact that you leave limited positive feedback, enunciates the negative you've given... I'll grant you that, [possibly] a share of your negatives were justified But you're ratio of negative to positive is still an eye opener. It's like I always say; Crazy people, don't realize they're crazy, cheap people don't realize they're cheap, and bad buyers, don't realize they're bad buyers.  Oh, and one more thing, integrity, perspicacity, and humility, are qualities one learns/is taught .. outside of being a "mid-range", or whatever tenure seller. But it would seem that you have done quite nicely with substituting pomposity for that. Delusion is the comfort of the self righteous.

Message 47 of 56
latest reply

A few here not being a seller, hardly negates my points. It's not all about you.

Defect if you do and defect if you don't.
Message 48 of 56
latest reply

Of course there was communication.

Message 49 of 56
latest reply

Or maybe I didn't.

You know, I could make up a lot of unwarranted "maybe you did this"accusations about you as well but it would be silly, and serve no purpose.

Message 50 of 56
latest reply

Still no proof I have done one thing wrong, just the usual talk from a group of one sided sellers that will find a problem oven if it is not there.

It's like I always say; Crazy people, don't realize they're crazy, cheap people don't realize they're cheap, and bad buyers, don't realize they're bad buyer

And baseless accusers who don't realize they are that.....let's not forget them.

Let me help you busy bee's out, tell me why I should not left Negative fb for any of those sellers, please. At some point I'll have to go back to the life that I actually have, and I just want you help you all get what you seem to need before I give up on you, and hopfully that approach will help you.

Message 51 of 56
latest reply

Now it's MY turn to say: "You just don't get it". I would wager you have never taken the high road once in your life. You're all wrapped up in the who's right, and who's wrong thing.  Are you familiar with the word ethics?  It's people, like you, who feel they have no power in their life... That everything is beyond their control. Doling out negative feedbacks, as though they were raffle tickets, sates a little bit of that God complex, you have buried deep down inside of you. Giving negative feedback, gives you power, and a bit of control. You hold that seller's sales life in the palm of your hand... and it gives you a high. You feed off of it. It's your version of pulling the wings off flies.  Between the two selling IDs (that we know of) you just dish out too many negative feedbacks, for it to be anything else. I know I'm straightening the deck chairs on the Titanic, telling you all of this, You are, what you are.  But you are correct, you're not doing anything wrong. And you don't care (aren't able?) to look beyond that. This is all of my own opinion. 

Message 52 of 56
latest reply

👍👍👍👍  One just wouldn't have been enough 😏

Message 53 of 56
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Soooo........

You only leave negs for "bad" sellers, and no positives for good sellers.

Negs deduct a point from EXISTING feedback score (before transaction).

Neutrals neither add nor subtract from feedback score (no credit for transaction).

Positives add a point to feedback score (credit for good transaction).

So you routinely take points from "bad" sellers and keep good sellers from getting points 

(credit) for good transactions, not improving their feedback score.

Yet, I'm sure you enjoy watching YOUR feedback score climb higher from positives you receive.

And you're good with that ? 

If your good sellers worked feedback the way YOU do, your feedback score would be much less and stagnant.

But you do you......and thanks for posting !

Message 54 of 56
latest reply

Maybe some of you would not react to a seller who you were convinced tried to cheat you because you were afraid of what your peers might think? If that is the case, you are doing ebay as a whole a disservice, plain and simple. Warning others of bad sellers is very important here, and a large part of the reason the feedback system exists.

Maybe some of you here try to rip off your customers too, and got a hold of a buyer who didn't just let you slide, the reason you are reacting to my post as you are, who knows? See, I can com up with all kinds of "maybes" and "could be's" just as some of you are doing in order to explain why you act as you do, but I still think its a silly thing to do. if the case is, some of you are actually trying to rip off your buyers, someone will eventually come along to do the same to you as I have done to my bad sellers, at least I hope they do. And its not about being vindictive but sometimes doing what one would rather not do to try to make ebay a better/safer place.

As for me, I will continue to do my part and warn others about bad sellers in spite of what some of you think.

I didn't read the posts this time around because I assumed they would just be more of the same baseless assumptions some of you seem to need to post for whatever the reason may be. If I have the time to burn, I may or may not stop back in, so feel free to dump that pent up aggression here if you feel the need.

Message 55 of 56
latest reply

I can not speak to how any other member would do things, but I always feel people are so quick to place blame or to complain - it is totally up to you to leave your FB however you wish.

I just think if people can take the time to slam a bad seller, why do they find it so hard to find the time to  'praise' a seller for a good experience.

Just my opinion....

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 56 of 56
latest reply