cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a seller leave a negative comment to a buyer in reply to a negative FB left by the buyer?

The title pretty well covers it, but the better question may be, can a seller leave a buyer a negative comment anywhere in feedback? Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Can a seller leave a negative comment to a buyer in reply to a negative FB left by the buyer?

Thank you, and I would be grateful if you could please give me some type of citation for that so, fo r future reference, I can be certian.

Defect if you do and defect if you don't.
Message 31 of 56
latest reply

Re: Can a seller leave a negative comment to a buyer in reply to a negative FB left by the buyer?

Actually, the reply to the latest of your negative feedback left seems to be purely factual and not what I would consider negative, although it doesn't appear to agree with your opinion of how the transaction went.  Of course, since 2008, only buyer's feedback left can voice a less than positive feedback opinion.  However, sellers still have the right to respond to such feedback, I believe.

Frankly, in my opinion, a better question would be why you feel it necessary to leave so many negatives in your feedback left for others.  Is it possible that you might need to be a bit more selective in whom you pick to do business with?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 32 of 56
latest reply

@johus_bucmir wrote:

Can either of you give me an example from my fb and explain in detail how that makes the example a wreck...thanks again.

This post makes it appear that you have outed yourself as being the same person as the original OP using a different ID posting responses to this thread.  Is that, in fact, what you are doing?

By train wreck, I assume that the other posters are commenting on your and/or the OP's  feedback left for others shows that you leave an inordinate amount of negative feedback which would seem to indicate that you're a difficult buyer to please.  This is something that many sellers use to determine whether they wish to do business with.

By the way, are you and the OP one in the same posting using separate accounts?  

Message 33 of 56
latest reply

@johus_bucmir wrote:

And you are a winning the gold in 100% wrong assumptions, I contact all bad sellers. 

You have given zero basis for the accusation there is any problem whatsoever with may fb.

Actually, your propensity for leaving negative feedback does present a couple of issues.  One is that you appear to be a customer that is extremely difficult to please and as such, may not be someone that all sellers may want to do business with.  Another is that you may not be vetting those from whom you purchase resulting in the inordinate amount of negative feedback that you have left in the past.  This too may lead some sellers from wishing to have you as a customer.

Message 34 of 56
latest reply

@johus_bucmir wrote:

Banned? How small minded.

Now explain, precisely why should I be banned? All you are really saying is fortunately ebay is able to think clearly on this because clearly they dont think I should be banned at all.

I'll be awaiting that explaination.

While I'm not particularly concerned with whether or not you're banned from using the site or not, it is gratifying to know that by posting this thread you have drawn attention to your feedback left for others making it easier for those wishing to do so to block you.

Of course, while feedback being left doesn't mean have much to do with it, in the case of buyers opening too many MBG disputes I've heard of buyers losing their ability to claim protection under the MBG.

Message 35 of 56
latest reply

Sorry you're not certain we're certain. Go to Help and  type Feedback profiles.  Then open the page and scroll to the "Frequently asked questions" to the question " I received negative feedback I don't  think is fair. What can I do?" "You can respond to the feedback and tell your side of the story."  (Buyers can't get negative feedback so they're talking to the seller)

eBay used to specifically say you may receive feedback that is allowed but is uncomfortable and you may  defend or clarify in your response.  The words uncomfortable, defend and clarify were eBay's words not my interpretation. They simplified policies and that exact wording has been replaced with the above however, it still applies.

You can also search Buying & Selling> Selling >Feedie Question and go to message 12 of 13. It is answered by eBay staff.   One of the responders was double checking a negative comment left by a seller stating "Seller beware. Buyer is the worst buyer ever."   It was affirmed by staff it was allowed,  and they further explained although allowed it might not be a good idea - feedback you leave tells what type of seller you are.  Good read.

community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Feedie-Question/td-p/30982459

Message 36 of 56
latest reply

Frankly, given the feedback you've left for a lot of your sellers, I am somewhat surprised you are still willing to buy on eBay.  

Message 37 of 56
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 38 of 56
latest reply

Thanks for the reply on fb, and Im still trying find out where you all are getting your info of fb. And that's no to say I don't believe you, but I just need to be a sure whst ebay says on the subject.

As to why I leave the negs I do, because I feel they deserve a negative rating....that simple

Let's take the transaction you mention, I simply don't think a pkg going through the USPS system is going to suddenly developed a bad touch screen from that process. I think the item was bad when shipped, and it was my opinon the seller was completely aware the touch screen was bad. For one reason it was supposed to be refurbished by the seller and there was just no way they could have missed something like that...even a quick once over would reveal the problem to the least knowledgable person. But if that is not enough, in order to sighn into the tablet, one must hit the sign in button, and in order to tap that button, the screen must be touched right in the center where the touch screen was dead. So the question would be, can a tablet be refurbished without signing in?

You can throw whatever argument you like at it, but judging from experiences with past sellers, and the situation here, I really belive the buyer tried to get one past me, and was hoping I would just keep it because of the return hassle...its happened several times in the past.

Believe it or not, ebay is rife with bad sellers, but many sellers refuse to see that. There was a point there where I was having to return 70% of my ebay items for blatantly trying to rip me off...they were not mistakes.

I try to not be biased either way, but the truth is, though most transactions go fine, there are plenty of both bad buyers and sellers on ebay, and as sellers, many of you jump to conclusion and judge unfairly. Some just refuse to see the reality of ebay....its  always going to be the buyer tbat is the problem in some of your minds, and it has always been that way here on this forum, as least for the last 20yrs.

I do exactly as I should to warn other buyers, and always will.

Message 39 of 56
latest reply

I already mentioned we are one in the same.

I suppose you could say I technicality outed myself, but I wasn't intentually trying to hide anything...obviousely. I just happened to be using one I ID or another when posting here.

On your concerns with my fb, you should probably read the thread, or at least my posts to get my ideas on your comment, as I have covered things several times.

Message 40 of 56
latest reply

While I'm not particularly concerned with whether or not you're banned from using the site or not, it is gratifying to know that by posting this thread you have drawn attention to your feedback left for others making it easier for those wishing to do so to block you.

I haven't  commented on any post that mentions blocking me because they are silly. The odds of my ever running into any of you as a buyer, are slim to none. But if it makes you feel better stating I'll be blocked that's fine with me. I'm always happy to oblige those in need.

Message 41 of 56
latest reply

Not sure what you would be sorry about, but I assure you, it's not necessary. Thanks

Message 42 of 56
latest reply

OK.

Message 43 of 56
latest reply

Believe it or not, ebay is rife with bad sellers, but many sellers refuse to see that. There was a point there where I was having to return 70% of my ebay items for blatantly trying to rip me off...they were not mistakes.

So let me begin by saying that I'm not a seller, only a buyer. So your whole "sellers sticking up for other sellers" argument won't fly here. And no one will argue that there are bad sellers on eBay. The trick is to learn how to avoid them, and it's a trick you obviously haven't mastered. No other conclusion is possible when you say you had to return 70% of your purchases. So yeah, your negative feedback may not have been a mistake, but having that many bad experiences is wholly unnecessary.

And for the record, I've been buying on eBay for 25 years, and I've made two returns and left maybe five negative feedbacks.

Message 44 of 56
latest reply

@johus_bucmir wrote:

Still no specifics from anyone proving any one of the negs are unwarranted.

Im probably going to stop answering the baseless accusations eventually, however, I will check in to see if even one of you can offer proof any one of my negs left are not warranted.

Here's just one: 

No wonder PSU was so cheap, way too large for later model case. Scammed
Seller: ID Removed by downunder

Reply by gizmogenie
Product described accurately. No communication, just wants to hurt sellers.

BTW - Your signature is a bit of a giveaway as well LOL
I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 45 of 56
latest reply