cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a seller leave a negative comment to a buyer in reply to a negative FB left by the buyer?

The title pretty well covers it, but the better question may be, can a seller leave a buyer a negative comment anywhere in feedback? Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Can a seller leave a negative comment to a buyer in reply to a negative FB left by the buyer?

Still, you have not told me why that "indicates" what you claim, you simply call it a fact with no basis.

On one of those Id's, I leave almost exclusively negs, but you all are letting that confuse you. Think, and look a bit closer and realise there is no rule that states we must all leave all buyers fb, and because some of us feel it is too time consuming, we simply don't leave it unless there is a problem.  Meaning, no fb means I was satisfied. I have left the occasional good FB, but usually that is to a newb seller that needs it, and requests it.

Some say "They leave nothing but negs, what a horrible buyer" when in reality If I left good fb for all satisfactory transactions along with the negs, some would be less likely to see any problem with my fb at all. So, in essence, the real reason I am a horrible buyer may amount to no more than the fact, I don't spend my time leaving positives...the very reason you all are unable to pinpoint a specific reason I am a horrible buyer. See?

I understand how some might feel we should all play the game as you see fit, but EBay is not my life, not anymore anyway, and in spite of what some think, not spending ones time leaving FB is just not a terrible thing.

Defect if you do and defect if you don't.
Message 16 of 56
latest reply

Re: Can a seller leave a negative comment to a buyer in reply to a negative FB left by the buyer?

You actually revel, in the negatives you give.  Too amusing. I wonder how much of it is erroneous. 🤔.

Message 17 of 56
latest reply

@johus_bucmir,

"You have given zero basis for the accusation there is any problem whatsoever with may fb".

Really no basis?  Buyers reputations are based on the feedback they leave not the feedback they receive.  You've received 431, yet have only left 37 feedback. 33 of those are negative and neutrals. Any seller who looks at your feedback left, would probably consider your positive percentage to be 8%. 

Both you and the OP have made several Best Buddies Lists.  Thanks for posting.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 18 of 56
latest reply

Banned? How small minded.

Now explain, precisely why should I be banned? All you are really saying is fortunately ebay is able to think clearly on this because clearly they dont think I should be banned at all.

I'll be awaiting that explaination.

Message 19 of 56
latest reply

Still no specifics from anyone proving any one of the negs are unwarranted.

Im probably going to stop answering the baseless accusations eventually, however, I will check in to see if even one of you can offer proof any one of my negs left are not warranted.

Message 20 of 56
latest reply

@johus_bucmir wrote:

Still no specifics from anyone proving any one of the negs are unwarranted.

Im probably going to stop answering the baseless accusations eventually, however, I will check in to see if even one of you can offer proof any one of my negs left are not warranted.

Most of us just find it incredulous, that anyone could have that bad of luck, buying on ebay. One can't really broach just one of your negative feedbacks given, as the WOW factor of them collectively negates any obligation to do so.

Message 21 of 56
latest reply

I happened to look at your feedback left, all I can say is...wow, just wow. I suspect that you may have joined quite a few best buddy lists today. Thank you for posting!

Message 22 of 56
latest reply

@johus_bucmir 

Warranted or not, the way you have left feedback makes you a buyer many sellers would rather not take chances with.  After all why bother dealing with someone who mostly leaves feedback when things go wrong?  We cannot tell if you contacted sellers before leaving feedback but the replies from several sellers indicate that you do not.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 23 of 56
latest reply

Read my last post and please pay close attention. 

Message 24 of 56
latest reply

I just realised, there it is again....a complete lack of details.

Please explain what you mean by "the way you have left feedback".

Message 25 of 56
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@edensbounty,

The answer to your question is:

The rules for a feedback reply to a negative received, are different than leaving an original feedback comment.  A seller cannot post a negative comment about a buyer as a positive rating (their only choice). 

A seller can reply with a negative comment to a feedback left by a buyer.

Thank you for clarifying this.  

Message 26 of 56
latest reply

Can you please cite the source for that info? Thanks

Message 27 of 56
latest reply

Really no basis?  Buyers reputations are based on the feedback they leave not the feedback they receive.  You've received 431, yet have only left 37 feedback. 33 of those are negative and neutrals. Any seller who looks at your feedback left, would probably consider your positive percentage to be 8%.

Yes, really no basis. I guess you all are leaving out part of the equation becasuse you want  the results you want, not the real ones. You skipped altogether the good transactions, you know, the ones that were not negative. Again, very funny.

Message 28 of 56
latest reply

How is it bad luck? If you all don't have sense enough to figure the good sellers into the equation, I can't help you.

Most seasoned sellers would see why your accusations ere, sorry most of you could not.

It funny, it's always the mid level sellers here that throw out the unwarranted accusations....they know just enough to get themselves into trouble.

Message 29 of 56
latest reply

To answer your title question the answer is yes. 

A seller can leave a negative comment when leaving a feedback reply to negative feedback left on your profile. A seller is allowed to defend or clarify feedback left for them.

What a seller can't do is leave a negative rating  when leaviing feedback for a buyer.  They can only leave a positive rating and the comment also has to be positive although nothing stops them from  leaving a negative comment. Negative comments left on the buyer's profile can be removed if the buyer asks, and the seller gets a defect.

Message 30 of 56
latest reply