cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidding changes

the bidding process is longer tonight than it was today. There is no place to enter the bid on the item page, now I have to click bid, then enter the amount then click again. what was the need for this change, adding useless steps is not good for a system

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Bidding changes

I still see the bid box on the Listing Page.   It was removed from the Bid History Page some time ago.

But even without it it would still be the same number of keystrokes:  Type amount on Listing Page, Place bid, Confirm vs. Place bid, Type amount on bidding popup, Bid (last I checked there was no separate Confirm button when you entered the bid amount on the bidding popup).

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Please do not post the same questions twice, one five minutes after the first. We are here to help each other, not waste our precious time.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

How about investigating the OP's point instead of jumping to criticize.  Bidding HAS changed - they removed the CONFIRM option.  Now you are to click bid, and then on the next page click in your bid and your bid is placed.  There is no longer a confirm button.  This affects for auctions.  Why does ebay keep doing this kind of stuff!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If I am interpreting the OP's message correctly, his complaint was about an extra click.

How long does an extra click take in terms of actual time spent?  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I have from 100 to 200 bids going at any given time, adding a click, and changing it without any reason to adds a lot of time some nights. Also the change in process takes longer, who makes their process take longer. What is the benefit?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Am I understanding this correctly -- you are bidding on 100-200 auctions at any one time? eBay needs to offer you some kind of special status as a buyer.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@blackl6335 wrote:

I have from 100 to 200 bids going at any given time, adding a click, and changing it without any reason to adds a lot of time some nights. Also the change in process takes longer, who makes their process take longer. What is the benefit?

AGAIN, there is no extra click.  Same 2 clicks (Place Bid, then either Bid or Confirm Bid) plus the same number of keystrokes to enter your bid amount.   

AND I have yet to see a Listing Page (which is what I'm guessing you mean by the "item page"; the one with the Description and Shipping and Payments tabs) for an auction that has the Place Bid button with no bid box.  Please post a screenshot.  (Again, the Bid History Page has only the Place Bid button, but since you have to go through the Listing Page to click the link you are adding an extra click yourself if that is the page you mean).  Here's what I'm seeing on the Listing Page:

Capture.JPG

Message 9 of 9
latest reply