cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BS Confirm and Pay

ebay NEEDS to remove the Confirm and Pay system! That **bleep** is pure B.S. I know they probably had it for ease of access for paying for items more "coviently"(laziness), BUT, for occasional buyers like myself and buyers who are still trying to get use to the ebay system, "Confirm and Pay" doesn't give you anytime to adjust your shipping info. Someone could just say "you could'v change your shipping info too", BUT the Confirm and Pay quick option is the biggest option in your face, and it works with stored info that also gives you NO time for review of your shipping info. Its too **bleep** quick! because of this my orders are being shipped to the wrong address(specifically my old address) all because there wasn't any review in BOLD letters or ANY review at all to my knowledge of what I seen for shipping information. sucks SO BADDDDD! uhuh... Control Alt Delete please!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: **bleep** Confirm and Pay

Why haven't you updated your paypal and ebay accounts with your current address?

That seems to be the most foolproof way to fix the problem.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

bhar...,

You received the advice that nutshe11 gave you, this morning in your earlier topic. You need to change or add your new address to both accounts and on PayPal select the new addess as your default. The address given on PayPal is the address a seller will ship to.  Your address on eBay can be a billing address, and not a shipping address. That is how the info on this ID and my paypal are arranged.

If you are using the quick link that does not ask you to log in to PayPal to pay. Unless you do as advised, you will continue to have this issue.  When I log in to PP the shipping address is shown, and it can be changed before I pay.  I have family spread around the country, often send eBay purchases as gifts, and have no problem changing between addresses.  Do make sure before you make the next purchase that you have changed the address, or it has defaulted back. 

If you are using a portable device and the app, it may be harder to see the button to change the shipping address. Maybe you should go more slowly when hitting the Commit, and send payment buttons, enlarge the page and scroll around it if necessary so you know where it is for future reference.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

bhar,

I guess because I've made lots of purchases, I haven't really looked at the checkout page.  It's sort of like driving to a friends house, after awhile you may forget the addres and St. name but you don't need that info, because you know where you are going.

I just clicked the Pay Now button for an item. I am using the classic site and a computer, and here is what I get,

First I am directed to the PayPal log in.

After logging in, the eBay Checkout page opens and on the left side there is a payment type box to select from.

To the right is the Blue Box with Confirm and Pay

Beneath the payment type box is the, Ship To: box with my address which has a Change button just underneath it. There is also a (V) down arrow on the right side of the Ship To:  box.

Clicking on either will display any addresses you have in your list.

You can also add addresses to the list, and use those. Verification is no longer required as it used to be.

Once you have selected the address you want, THEN you click the Confirm and Pay button.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I wonder if that works the same though if you've checked off the 'one click (keep me logged in)" option? Which btw I would NEVER do, so I'm not about to test it lol

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Seems op linked their accounts for payment ease, now complains it's easy.

I use the phone app. No problems with it other than having to click descriptions . but a 6" screen and one compatible with eBay's apps.
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
I wonder if that works the same though if you've checked off the 'one click (keep me logged in)" option? Which btw I would NEVER do, so I'm not about to test it lol

No, the one click option  has a different screen and it's a pain to turn it off. You have to do it in your PayPal account, notnon eBay. When I somehow got opted in to that, there was no way to change the funding source. I assume it would be the same for the ship to address but I didn't really notice.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

ymeagan... wrote,

"I wonder if that works the same though if you've checked off the 'one click (keep me logged in)" option? Which btw I would NEVER do, so I'm not about to test it lol"

Redbud wrote,

"Seems op linked their accounts for payment ease, now complains it's easy".

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Both of you may be right, especially if the buyer uses the APP. I had forgotten that my wife came to me before Christmas, and asked me how to add an address for a purchase she wanted to send to her sister.  In the past she had me do the ebay buying, and she did the Amazon buying.

I didn't know she had set up her own eBay and Paypal accounts, and was using the app with her iPad. She had also either "One Touch" linked in her PayPal, or it defaulted when she set up her account.  I could not find a change button for her, and delinked the One touch. (which she complained about because it took more steps)  and when she logged in she was able to add her sister's address. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

creoleorchid wrote,

"No, the one click option  has a different screen and it's a pain to turn it off. You have to do it in your PayPal account, notnon eBay. When I somehow got opted in to that, there was no way to change the funding source. I assume it would be the same for the ship to address but I didn't really notice".

creole,

Had you just started using the app, when that happened, or did you click on that button when making a payment?  It wouldn't surprise me at all to know the app defaults to the quick payment option.

FOR EVERYONES EDIFICATION:

One touch or fast pay has to be disabled on your Paypal account, by logging in the classic way.  It cannot be done through eBay once you have opted in, (or it defaults)?    I could not find any information describing use of the app and payment methods in the A-Z.  It may just be listed under a different heading than the ones I searched. The link below is from PayPal's site, and was not easy to find. (typical)  Other searches using "one touch" returned no results.

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ3033/13

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Are you using the app?  

@djsteel1st wrote:

ebay NEEDS to remove the Confirm and Pay system! That **bleep** is pure B.S. I know they probably had it for ease of access for paying for items more "coviently"(laziness), BUT, for occasional buyers like myself and buyers who are still trying to get use to the ebay system, "Confirm and Pay" doesn't give you anytime to adjust your shipping info. Someone could just say "you could'v change your shipping info too", BUT the Confirm and Pay quick option is the biggest option in your face, and it works with stored info that also gives you NO time for review of your shipping info. Its too **bleep** quick! because of this my orders are being shipped to the wrong address(specifically my old address) all because there wasn't any review in BOLD letters or ANY review at all to my knowledge of what I seen for shipping information. sucks SO BADDDDD! uhuh... Control Alt Delete please!

On ANY website/app that offers "one-touch checkout"  , the terms of using it usually say that the purchase will always ship to primary registered shipping address.    If you want to ship somewhere else address, you need to use the regular checkout. 

In this case, it sounds  like you have "quick pay" enabled  (as others said, go to PayPal to turn it off)   or an equally easier solution would be to update your registered shipping address so you don't have to change it every time you make a purchase.  

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

creoleorchid wrote,

"No, the one click option  has a different screen and it's a pain to turn it off. You have to do it in your PayPal account, notnon eBay. When I somehow got opted in to that, there was no way to change the funding source. I assume it would be the same for the ship to address but I didn't really notice".

creole,

Had you just started using the app, when that happened, or did you click on that button when making a payment?  It wouldn't surprise me at all to know the app defaults to the quick payment option.

I rarely use the app to check out so I don't remember if I had recently used it when I got opted in. When I discovered I was opted in, I was checking out on my computer.  At any rate, it is now back to regular checkout by logging in to Paypal. I just made a purchase a couple of days ago from my app and it did not go to the quick pay thing so I'm hoping it will stay that way.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Ah but keep a look out , I changed mine as was going on a trip. That way if lost..... And it's back on with no help from me

Need to change it again. Wife likes it as I use a password that's not easy to even type in on pay pal and eBay.

age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is especially frustrating when, as a buyer, a seller states that they can combine shipping for multiple items. However, with this option it does not let you to simply click the 'by now' option and leave it in limbo for the seller to make an invoice. It makes you check out, shipping and all, immediately.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I like the Confirm and Pay system. I was one of the people who kept asking for it, because the final total would sometimes end up being much higher than expected. This way you get a chance to make sure the charges are correct and as expected. It seems to me that the wrong address issue is your own fault. Why don’t you update your address? I had to scratch my head for a while to try and figure out why you would complain, and after giving it much thought, maybe you make a good point after all. To add an Address Confirming option would not be a bad idea. Most of us are not going to use that feature, however every little added measure of safeguard, couldn’t hurt. I thought that in the past it was different and that your address confirmation was part of the process, however I might be mistaking. They keep changing things, and not always for the better.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Message 14 of 14
latest reply