cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else get a generous coupon from eBay today?

My other account is apparently older than this, my husband's/ main selling account, and I got an email delineating my activity on eBay (2000 was my first purchase) and giving me a very generous $25 to spend in the next ten days as a reward for being here so long. LOL, I always have trouble finding something to spend money on when there is a deadline! And I know I'll probably want to try to use the cart and buy things from multiple sellers at one time, and that won't work so I'll have to rethink my purchase. Will probably buy books.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 1 of 116
latest reply
115 REPLIES 115

Re: Anyone else get a generous coupon from eBay today?

yes i GOT ONE ALSO BUT it does not work !!!!! I am trying right now to pay for the item I would never have bought if I did not get this $25.00 When I put the code in the box and hit "apply" it says "This code can't be applied to some of your items."  SCAM !!!!!!

Message 16 of 116
latest reply

Well, I have $16 worth of books in my cart, and need to buy something else. Just bought bubblewrap last month, but I guess that will be my fallback position.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 17 of 116
latest reply

Apparently 2002 was not "old" enough.

Once again, I get hosed by eBay. No additional zero fee insertions of any note for my categories with the latest update, and no additional coupon. Color me pretty salty.

Message 18 of 116
latest reply

I got one! Going to treat myself to something nice!  I spent a bit looking at some of the crafty things I like to do..ones I kept picking out say they don't ship to Alaska ugh! Going to look more tonight when I'm not at work 🙂

Message 19 of 116
latest reply

I'm wondering how they decided who would get that coupon.  Both of our accounts received one. The newer account was only 3 years old. Nonetheless glad to get free spending money.

Message 20 of 116
latest reply

Kind of wondering about that too.  So far, my newer account ('11) got one but my old one ('04) hasn't.   I'll take what I get and do appreciate the coupon.

Message 21 of 116
latest reply

Yes a nice surprise. Been wanting a Tom Brady Bucs sweatshirt and got one with the coupon. Thanks Ebay. 

Message 22 of 116
latest reply

Had to check this wasn't a scam and since it turned out to be legit,😀 checked the fine print to make sure it wasn't limited to a specific category, like prior coupons,👎 but no limitation this time.👍 Would've great to have received this earlier in August, when I found a mint condition HP D4160 printer to replace the one that broke down after 10 years' of use.   

Message 23 of 116
latest reply

Thanks for the heads-up! I got one on my original account from 1999, which I don't use often because family members know that ID.  

Message 24 of 116
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Kind of wondering about that too.  So far, my newer account ('11) got one but my old one ('04) hasn't.   I'll take what I get and do appreciate the coupon.

That's odd indeed. I got one on my original account (1999) but not on any of the newer ones.

Message 25 of 116
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

No love here, I guess 2003 is not old enough ☹️

Same...

Message 26 of 116
latest reply

None for me☹️  '01, and '06  buying, and selling.   '16 buying.

My needs are few.

I need a part for my truck, and can always use packing tape.

Message 27 of 116
latest reply

I received this coupon but now I can't find the email! Does anyone remember what email address was used to send it out?

Message 28 of 116
latest reply

I got it in my messages, not in an email, so check in your messages.  

Here's the key info on  date, code, and minimum spend.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 9.24.17 PM.png

Message 29 of 116
latest reply

2007 didn't cut it. I even checked. It only feels like an eternity...

Message 30 of 116
latest reply