cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else get a generous coupon from eBay today?

My other account is apparently older than this, my husband's/ main selling account, and I got an email delineating my activity on eBay (2000 was my first purchase) and giving me a very generous $25 to spend in the next ten days as a reward for being here so long. LOL, I always have trouble finding something to spend money on when there is a deadline! And I know I'll probably want to try to use the cart and buy things from multiple sellers at one time, and that won't work so I'll have to rethink my purchase. Will probably buy books.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 1 of 116
latest reply
115 REPLIES 115

Re: Anyone else get a generous coupon from eBay today?

I’m really angry about this.  Especially when I have friends that have got multiples, or that are new to selling.  

Message 106 of 116
latest reply

The promo code is  HAPPY25 

I was deemed unworthy, but I was told the code from other sellers I know.  EBay never forgets to take their final value fees, but apparently they forgot my “party favor”. 

Message 107 of 116
latest reply

same here.. I only have one account.  Friends with multiple accounts received multiple offers.  One was only a seller for 2 years 😡

Message 108 of 116
latest reply

thanks so much ebay for forgetting my free 25 buck coupon your such a wonderful company

Message 109 of 116
latest reply

I had the message show up and went shopping, now I can't find it!

Message 110 of 116
latest reply

I just found out about mine...2 months too late 😑 Wasn't doing a lot of ebaying during my furlough...no money to buy!!

Message 111 of 116
latest reply

Didn't see the coupon until just yesterday. Given the amount of spam messages Ebay sends, I tend to only glance at them. Coupon is now expired, Ebay refuses to re-issue. I pointed out that they could have sent an alert, letting me know of the important 25 yr celebration coupon. BTW, I've been a member since 1999.

Message 112 of 116
latest reply

@reb12085wuk wrote:

Didn't see the coupon until just yesterday. Given the amount of spam messages Ebay sends, I tend to only glance at them. Coupon is now expired, Ebay refuses to re-issue. I pointed out that they could have sent an alert, letting me know of the important 25 yr celebration coupon. BTW, I've been a member since 1999.

I don't think it was Ebay's responsibility to remind you or to reissue the coupon if you overlooked it.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 113 of 116
latest reply

nope

Message 114 of 116
latest reply

Don't make a big deal about it $25 for 25 years tally out to one dollar for each year roughly 27 cents a day for the sellers loyalty contributing their time and effort bringing goods to the marketplace Pierre Omidyar net worth 17.3 Billion Dollars Net  Not a bad basket of bread. Maybe the twenty five bucks is inline with the poverty rate of people who earn $1.99 a day  is a reflection of his New Vision of Capitalism as a so-called philanthropist.  Thanks Pierre for throwing us a Bone!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/14/ebay-founder-pierre-omidyars-philanthropic-firm-calls-for-new-kind-o...

Message 115 of 116
latest reply

Correction of Error:

error in plugging the decimal roughly quarter of a penny per day. Pierre must be happy I'm not his bookkeeper would be giving away the store.

Message 116 of 116
latest reply