cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd time getting “ This seller will not sell to buyers that do not meet their requirements”

Seems strange as I have 100% positive feedback, had one issue last year with a seller who misrepresented an item and I filed an eBay dispute but that was it.  Have only left and received positive feedback in the many years I am on eBay.  eBay was unable to shed light on this. Since I cannot contact the seller I wonder what this is about? Any help appreciated without finger pointing as there is nothing to point at.  Is there some list if 1 person (as mentioned above) may have been angry after being caught trying to scam a buyer?

thank you

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: 2nd time getting “ This seller will not sell to buyers that do not meet their requirements”

I have no doubt you "forgot" about other disputes you've had with other Sellers too.

Asking us to help you learn why you were blocked is not our job. No one is blocked by a Seller for nothing. We don't spend time to buy and list items to be blocking our buyers. That makes no sense.

It's not our job to tell you how to circumvent a block which you've already tried to do, unsuccessfully.

Do not bother that Seller any further by getting your friends to contact them or buy from them

Leave that Seller alone. This is getting a bit creepy

Message 31 of 49
latest reply

Re: 2nd time getting “ This seller will not sell to buyers that do not meet their requirements”

Hey Froggy, I just glanced at your feedback both received and given.  Hmmmmmm, I won’t point out what I saw but it was not perfect.  

Message 32 of 49
latest reply

There are also dozens, if not hundreds, of social media sites where eBay members post user ids of others they think should be avoided--both buyers and sellers. If anyone posted your id and suggested you be blocked--whether justifiably or not--it's possible that's what you're running up against. 

Message 33 of 49
latest reply

Why won't you point it out?

Message 34 of 49
latest reply

Why bother, you know what they are and I have no doubt you have no interest in my understanding what might have happened.  Let’s just ignore each other. 

Message 35 of 49
latest reply

@clipsnstraps wrote:

It’s almost always bike parts.  I went back and looked at my feedback, will have to look for that one again, must have missed it.  

I believe it was on your page 11 or 12 of FB you left for others.   You left good FB, but the seller left a response to it that was none too happy with you.   It was over a year ago, but that doesn't mean anything.  He could have blocked you at that time & this is the first time you've tried to purchase since.   I can't tell what you bought but the seller's ID had bike parts or supply in it. 

I've had that happen, where I've BBL'd someone b/c the tx was frustrating & then 3 years later they tried to buy something & wanted to know why they were blocked.   Most sellers will need respond to queries like that.  There really isn't much benefit to having that convo. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 36 of 49
latest reply

I did look back at it, he was the seller that sold me a damaged hub.  I had it repaired and gave it away. I don’t think he is this seller, he went by Cruiser or something, probably has a new acct. as that one is closed.  Maybe he posted on some board as someone suggested ans a few shops blocked me, but this is only the second time I have run into this.  Well if they don’t want my business I can buy elsewhere. That instance was well over 12 years ago, maybe more like 15+.  Thanks again.  

Message 37 of 49
latest reply

"I just went over my many years of leaving feedback, I believe I left 2-3 negative and 2 neutral"

You've left 3 Negative and 4 Neutrals. 

Page 12-you have a Seller calling you a Moron telling you to stop emailing him

Message 38 of 49
latest reply

@froggyjump wrote:

Page 12-you have a Seller calling you a Moron telling you to stop emailing him 

Yup, that's the one I was referring to above.   Good bet that seller blocked you.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 39 of 49
latest reply

yes it appears he dodged a bullet

Message 40 of 49
latest reply

@clipsnstraps wrote:

I’ve had a friend send a message a buy the item, the price was too good to get in a huff.  Also, easy enough to open a second account.  

Thanks for posting

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 41 of 49
latest reply

You have great FB froggy, maybe the OP is confusing the red hearts you sometimes leave with red dots LOL

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 42 of 49
latest reply

There are some IDs on my BBL that were added after reading comments made here in the forum — people that seemed to have problematic attitudes, in my opinion, so I blocked in case they buy on that ID. I realize it’s a shot in the dark but sellers have few protections. I feel sure other sellers have done the same, and probably blocked me! though I use a posting ID. It could explain you not being able to buy from sellers with whom you’ve never had transactions. 

Message 43 of 49
latest reply

Yes thank you downunder-61

Message 44 of 49
latest reply

@clipsnstraps,

I do not see anything too worrisome in your feedback profile that would cause you to be on a BBL.  Maybe the seller who has blocked you once sold under another username and is one you had issues with.  There used to be a User ID history on feedback profile pages, but ebay removed it in the last year.

It is also possible you were blocked because you once asked the seller a question about a listing, that upset them.  Over that last several years sellers have become a bit paranoid because of ebay policies. There are many reasons a seller may place someone on their BBL, and since most block communications from buyers on those lists, you cannot find out why you were blocked.

"I’ve had a friend send a message a buy the item, the price was too good to get in a huff. Also, easy enough to open a second account".

Opening a new account may not work if you login to it on the same IP address(es) you have used with this one. Also if that account shares any of your other personal info, name, address, financial, a linked PayPal account etc..  Using a different account to circumvent a block is, or at least used to be a policy violation. 

Having a friend contact the seller on your behalf could get them placed on the seller's BBL along with you. That would be a shame if your friend also buys things the seller lists. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 45 of 49
latest reply