cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd time getting “ This seller will not sell to buyers that do not meet their requirements”

Seems strange as I have 100% positive feedback, had one issue last year with a seller who misrepresented an item and I filed an eBay dispute but that was it.  Have only left and received positive feedback in the many years I am on eBay.  eBay was unable to shed light on this. Since I cannot contact the seller I wonder what this is about? Any help appreciated without finger pointing as there is nothing to point at.  Is there some list if 1 person (as mentioned above) may have been angry after being caught trying to scam a buyer?

thank you

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

2nd time getting “ This seller will not sell to buyers that do not meet their requirements”

@clipsnstraps,

I do not see anything too worrisome in your feedback profile that would cause you to be on a BBL.  Maybe the seller who has blocked you once sold under another username and is one you had issues with.  There used to be a User ID history on feedback profile pages, but ebay removed it in the last year.

It is also possible you were blocked because you once asked the seller a question about a listing, that upset them.  Over that last several years sellers have become a bit paranoid because of ebay policies. There are many reasons a seller may place someone on their BBL, and since most block communications from buyers on those lists, you cannot find out why you were blocked.

"I’ve had a friend send a message a buy the item, the price was too good to get in a huff. Also, easy enough to open a second account".

Opening a new account may not work if you login to it on the same IP address(es) you have used with this one. Also if that account shares any of your other personal info, name, address, financial, a linked PayPal account etc..  Using a different account to circumvent a block is, or at least used to be a policy violation. 

Having a friend contact the seller on your behalf could get them placed on the seller's BBL along with you. That would be a shame if your friend also buys things the seller lists. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 45 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

If you've had 2 unpaid items in the past 12 months, sellers can 'checkmark' this box in their seller preferences which would block anyone- even with 1,000,000 positive feedback (by the way, buyers can only get positive feedback so that makes any buyer feedback worthless). 

Message 2 of 49
latest reply

Thanks, never ever had an unpaid item.  Good info to know as I used to sell on eBay.  

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

I don't see anything in your feedback left for others to cause you (specifically) to wind up on any Block Bidder Lists.

I wonder, too, if it's an issue with one of the seller's Buyer Requirements blanket blocks. Bummer...

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

Is your ship to address a PO Box?

Have you purchased/bid on any of this seller’s other items recently?

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 5 of 49
latest reply

Not much to go on. People already mentioned the usual causes: unpaid item cases, feedback. Since you cannot contact the seller I am guessing you are on the individuals BBL for some reason. If you have a friend with an account maybe they can reach out to the seller and see what is up, or they can buy it for you. 

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

2nd time? 2nd time from same seller, or you've received that same message from two different sellers? 

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

First time, and no PO Box.  

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

A different seller.  

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

I’ve had a friend send a message a buy the item, the price was too good to get in a huff.  Also, easy enough to open a second account.  

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

If you are unable to message them, that sounds more like they blocked your ID specifically, rather than one of the settings blocks (like for unpaid items or certain number of purchases in a certain amt of time or buyer in a country I don't ship to or buyer doesn't have a PP acct).  Did you have a bad transaction with someone else?  Sellers do share info with each other on buyers they feel s/b blocked, especially within a particular category.   I know clothing sellers often 'warn' other clothing sellers about concerning buyers & I'm guessing this happens in other categories, as well.   That could be the case here. 

Regardless, for whatever reason, they do not want your business, so I would NOT have someone else reach out on your behalf & it is against Ebay policy to use another ID to circumvent a block.   You may not ever know why, but if they actually put you on their BBL, that is a definitive act, as they have to type in (or copy/paste) your ID, so I would just move on. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

In addition to  PO boxes, sellers can Block sales to APOs, offshore states and territories,  entire continents (never mind countries), and may be able to Block bidders whose Paypal account is non-US.
That last may have gone by the board with the switch to Managed Payments.

And as already mentioned deadbeat Strikes.

I once Blocked an auction bidder because his ID was a Yiddish vulgarity. I've seen other vulgarities, in French and in German,  that apparently were missed by the unilingual robots who monitor IDs.

Some sellers look at Feedback Left for Others. Some look for Bid Retractions.

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

Too late to edit my above comment, but I do see where you've left several negs & neuts, just in the first couple of pages & while those may have been very justified, I suppose someone could decide they didn't want to deal with you b/c of them.  They don't seem excessive to me, by any means.    Also there are some soft positives & comments you've left about "easy to work with" & damage to outside packaging.   

Your FB left would NOT be concerning to me, but it may be to someone else.  Soft positives can be seen as complaining (size runs large, shipping slow but not sellers fault), same with the packaging ones, since you say the items are fine.   Also, "easy to work with" can be seen as a code that you tried to get a return or were otherwise difficult or hard to please.  Not saying it's right, just telling you that these are some things people block for.  

ETA: Is it bike parts?  I see a bike part seller was exasperated with you, awhile back. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

How do you see the feedback one has left for others? eBay has changed a lot and I don’t even know how to see what I have left for others anymore, will go back to see what I can see.  Thank you.  I can remember leaving 1 negative many years ago due to receiving a damaged item, then I learned it was not worth it.  Thanks. 

Message 14 of 49
latest reply

I just saw how to view all of my feedback, received and given.  

Message 15 of 49
latest reply