Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

New Scam? Very Odd. For a yard Seed Spreader.

Hello everyone. This is new for me. I ordered a seed spreader for my yard. Nothing special. First seller (He was fairly new to eBay). Shipped item through FEDEX. OK? It was free shipping and FEDEX is expensive. FEDEX delivered a small, small package ...

Bad

People who posted did not help at all and didn't read correctly.  

Resolved! Seller will not honor warranty

I bought a cordless tool item with a 5-year warranty. I only used the item once and stored it. 8 months later, I needed it again, and when I tried to use it, it did not work. I contacted the seller about the warranty, and they responded and asked for...

Ebay cards to pay for a vehicle

I was trying to buy a vehicle from a seller. I was told to go to a store and buy ebay cards to pay for the vehicle. Once I bought the cards I was to then take a picture of the cards showing the numbers on the back and send this to them. Is this a com...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Coupon Code don’t work

I recently tried to purchase a set of tires that cost $800 plus, the promotion at the time was 20% off all items $500.00 or more but the promo code didn’t work, so I contacted the seller & they assured me that those item I was buying did qualify for ...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Communication Preferences > Competing Offers

Communication Preferences > Buying Activity > Competing Offers "Competing Offers" is a recent addition. It's separate from "Offers to buyers" and "second chance offers" Can you tell us what that setting controls devon@ebay kyle@ebay ? I've asked a fe...

commpreferences-buyingactivity-competingoffers.png

Item to Canada, stuck in Glendale Heights, IL facility?

Hey, I’m wondering if my package is potentially lost/stolen? I bought a sports card from the US and I live in Toronto, Canada. It was received at the Glendale Heights, IL facility 5 days ago and there’s been no updates since. The package was supposed...

feedback policy change proposal

As a long time, consistently excellent buying customer on eBay but never a seller, my biggest complaint revolves around sellers who do not reciprocate the positive feedback that they receive from a buyer. I have read many posts regarding this, most o...

Case opened against buyer

HiThe seller said he opened a case against me, sent photos etc to eBay. He sent me a case number.I have never had this happen before. How do I find out information about the case? Thank YouBob

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller feedback

Hi ~ I wanted to leave a positive review for a seller, but am unable unless I give a product review as well. I don't want to review the product. Did this just change recently? I used to be able to make remarks about the fast shipping, good communicat...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! eBay Scam

"Hi! Just recently I was scammed on eBay by a seller who supposedly sent me the item via the Aquiline carrier. Instead of the item I ordered, the seller sent me a "Sales Order" booklet, worth a few dollars, in an Amazon envelope! I was wondering why ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors