cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Scam

"Hi! Just recently I was scammed on eBay by a seller who supposedly sent me the item via the Aquiline carrier. Instead of the item I ordered, the seller sent me a "Sales Order" booklet, worth a few dollars, in an Amazon envelope! I was wondering why I got this package from Amazon, when I never ordered that item - as soon as the item was received, on April 20, the seller marked this item as delivered in a "fake" carrier website, Aquiline, a company that actually does not do deliveries in the US, or at least that is my understanding. I've contacted the seller who said that the item was delivered and that she cannot do anything about it. Following, I read on eBay community that many others were scammed with items supposedly sent with this carrier, Aquiline. I would like to get reimbursed for this purchase, and maybe eBay should ban this seller and any other sellers that are using Aquiline? Please help! Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

eBay Scam

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

eBay Scam

@dumetre 

Aquiline is a backend system that converts Amazon tracking to a format readable on eBay. It's no more prone to scams than any other shipping method.

You need to open a not as described return. Go to the item in your purchase history, click Return and select that the item was not as described in the listing to open a case.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

eBay Scam

You need to read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers.

You received an item that's not as described.  It does not matter who delivered it or who sold it.

Your need to open an item not as described case.  Do not open an item not received case because you did receive something.  You have 30 days after receipt to open that case.

After the smoke has cleared from this transaction, take the time to read the MBG.  Not saying it will likely happen again, but wouldn't you like to be prepared if/when it does? 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

eBay Scam

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

eBay Scam

Thank you so much for your help!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

eBay Scam

Thank you so much for your help!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

eBay Scam